My first day.

I, Kurenai-sensei and Asuma-sensei walk into Konohagakure after more than a year of hard training. I'm already so late for the the Academy semester.

I lift my head to face my Sensei, "Kurenai-san?"

"Yes, Miya." She looks down at me with a gentle smile.

"Do you really think the Hokage would let me join in the middle of the year?" I ask, worried that it wouldn't be a possibility for me to join and I'll have to wait a whole another year to become a ninja.

"He's already accepted, he would. I already informed him of your situation and he understands." she comforted my thoughts.

We were making our way through Konoha and towards the Hokage office- which up until recently, I didn't even realize it was also part of the Academy.

"You really think so?" My lips pull to a grin, I was getting extremely excited.

"Soon you'll be the top ranking student, no doubt. "
We stop and Asuma-sensei crouches down and eyes me, questioningly. "You know why?"

"Uh uh," I shake my head, raising my eyebrows waiting for him to tell me.

"Because you've trained under us." He scuffles my hair, then pops a cigarette into his mouth.

"True," I nod, adding to Asuma-sensei's pride. Also agreeing to the fact that I have been training so hard, so hard that I feel invincible!

"Miya?" Kurenai's calm voice calls. My head lifts to face her.

"Yeah?"

"The classes are barely starting. You want to go now or put it off till tomorrow?" She asks.

"Right now!" I jump on the spot. I was getting so restless.

"Then all we have to do is talk to the Hokage." She says leading the way.

So, we continue to head towards the Hokage office. We pass the markets and so many villagers. While doing so, I notice something strange.

Why is everyone staring at us?

Everyone we passed were staring at us. I couldn't shake the feeling that the constant stares and incohensive chatting wasn't really directed towards us- but me.

I'm probably being silly. Why would they be staring at me? Catching a harsh glare from some man, then several others, I began picking up speed and caught up to my two sensei's that had already reached the building.

"Come, we'll talk to the Hokage for you." Kurenai offers, beginning her ascend on a flight of stairs.

"No, wait!" My words came out louder than I wanted. "I think I'll be fine on my own." I say more softer, bringing a smile to my face.

"Okay," she agrees with a nod and quite easily. Before she passes by me, she places her hand on my head,"Have a great day." She says before heading back home, I guessed.

"Here Miya, give me your bag," Asuma-sensei stretches his hand out towards my big backpack. "I'll take it over to Kurenai's and put it in your room. " he offers, waiting for me to hand him the big brown bag, hanging over my shoulders.

I swing it off my shoulders and hand it to Asuma-sensei. That's a weight lifted. I chuckle at my own joke.

"See you later." He waves, tossing the bag over his one shoulder and finally disposing of that cigarette, I dispised.

"Better not be any complaints," Kurenai-sensei chimes in, managing a slight smile from a couple of feet away.

"Bye, I won't. " I wave goodbye to the couple before racing up the stairs.