Scroll 42

We're here.

It took us one and a half hour to get to the eighteen century looking structure of a home.  Along the way, Naruto was cracking up jokes like crazy. He was doing it almost constantly, which made me wonder. His behaviour to my situation was odd and I couldn't help but feel that he was being happy purely for my sake. I love him to death for it, but it was still very odd.

Katsuro, as expected, added his own kind of comedy to the journey.  Apparently the ones he only found pleasure in; humiliation directed straight at me. Though, when he wasn't giving his dumb comments, I received glares from time to time.  I kinda knew what he was thinking and it probably was payback for the way my cousin humiliated him, but who cares. He's a jerk that would never learn.

"So, anyone gonna knock?" Naruto asked, scratching his head.

We would, but we couldn't find the door on the large, wooden thing. Each of us scouted the area of the house from all sides, but no luck.

"How are we going to ask the man who lives here, anything if we can't even get to him." Sakura wondered, stroking her hand on the wooden exterior.

Everyone suddenly turned towards me.
"Eh, How should I know?" I shrugged my shoulders and gave a nervous smile.

"Typical." Katsuro said, glaring at me in disgust.

My eyes narrowed, shooting him a glare back.

He continued, "I don't know why I even bothered. She's just a two bit ninja with no sense-"

His insult was cut short by a swift slug to the face, knocking him to the ground.
"Bastard!" Naruto shouted, "I've been hearing it all the way here. I shut up about it because she said to, but you just don't stop."

My eyebrows furrowed, "NAruto, calm down." I said, holding on to his clenched fist. He looked down at me. I smiled and shook my head at him. He relaxed his fingers.

Katsuro got to his feet and looked away from all of us.

"Are you alright, Katsuro-kun," Sakura inquired nearing him.

I looked at her with half lidded eyes, Traitor. This was probably the main reason why I didn't like being friends with girls. They would betray your trust in and for a heartbeat.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He assured, giving her a cheesy smile.

Katsuro was well known in the village. He was young and had great leadership, strategic and management skills. Above that he was known for his looks, mainly by the girls. To be honest, there was a point where I found him attractive, but of course that was Be-fore he started on his never ending journey to destroy my soul from the inside-out.

"What are we going to do then?" Sai inquired, with a blank look on his face.

In that instant, we heard a creaking. We all instantly shifted our heads to the sound.

"Can I help you?" An old man asked kindly, popping his head out the wall-door.

We all fell silent.

Taking a minute or two to recollect myself, I was the first to speak up.
I walked over to the man and said, "Um, if you would be so kind as to give us a moment to offer us some information. It would be extremely appreciated. " I came out with formally.

He smiled, "Of course, come in." He said, before disappearing in to his house.

We all followed him in. We couldn't see a thing, at least I couldn't. It was pitch black. I had no idea where I was going or what was in front of me. I couldn't even see my own hand in front of my face, it was that dark.