Scroll 39

"You can't be serious? Are you actually going to go through with this?... Miya are you even listening to me?"

Yes~ I replied barely paying attention. My mind was more focused on the names of shinobi in Konoha and what their current mission status. I scanned through the many names listed, ignoring most, until I came across the ones I was looking for.

Found it!

{Team Eiji- active - land of keys - Package delivery.

Nara shikamaru - active.
.
Team Kakashi: - active
Hatake Kakashi
Uzumaki Naruto
Haruno Sakura
Sai...

I skimmed through the rest of the list. I needed to know who's off duty and who's here in Konoha. My eyes fell on something very peculiar.

...Ayumi - active - Fire country - information transfer.

The strange part wasn't her mission, but the date she left.

She hasn't been back here for over a month!? Why do you think that is? I asked, trying to wrap my head around the possibilities myself. None of which were good. I thought of the worst scenarios. When I couldn't come up with a satisfactory answer.

Shionee-chan! Answer meeee! I whined, getting seriously frustrated that I couldn't or didn't want to accept what the answer might be.

"Why?" she retorted, "You weren't paying any attention to what I had to say."

"You know he won't really let you off, right?" A voice began from the dark hall, Aika came into view. She sat on the cold floor next to me.

"I kind of figured as much." I admitted, flipping through the pages.

"That's all you're stuff over there?" She inquired, looking over to my side.

"Yeah, my kidnappers had the courtesy of packing my things for me," I said, still going through few details of the list.

'My things' included my clothes, my Anbu attire and the rest of my stuff.They gave me a thick, brown brief case with herbs and supplies, everything I would need for the mission.

"And this? is it asleep?" She asked, petting Azura, who laid peacefully on my lap.

"Azura? Um...kinda, she's been tranquillized." I gave a sheepish grin.

"The worst pet owner EVER!" Shionee felt the need to comment.

"They did do that to her?" Aika asked, a hint of worry in her voice.

"No, I did." Again with the grin.

"I'm not even going to ask." She said, shaking her head.

I didn't mind, I was too preoccupied in wondering what was going on there in Konoha. Ayumi has been missing and I wonder if anyone had noticed? I was going to ask when I noticed something else on the list. Almost all the Shinobi seemed to be on some sort of mission, but the file failed to mention what kind.
I was going to ask Aika, but...

"They're all gone." She added staring blankly at the wall infront of us.

"What do you mean?" I asked, turning my head to her. Her face looked kind of tense as her eyebrows were furrowed together.

"You don't know?" She said, still glaring at the wall.

"Know what?"

"About the war."

"War! What War?" Like, really? I leave and an even bigger chaos occurs. Jayce was right. Destiny is cruel.

"It was minor, but had quite a big impact. " She added.