Scroll 56

"Hyuuga-sama?" I said to the man who had his back turned to me.

Once I realized it was him, I bowed my head, remaining that way for a while.

"I won't waste your time, your nephew Neji needs blood and-" I began to state, but was interrupted.

"And why is that my concern?" He said coldly.

Because he was protecting your dauhter!~ I cared about Hinata, but how could his own uncle disregard him so much that he wouldn't give him blood to live?

I straightened my back."He's your nephew." I declared, like it wasn't already a fact because it sure didn't seem like he knew that.

"Your point, child."

My point! Did he really just ask me that! Who was he? Really? What was he? His own nephew needed him and he just brushed it off like Neji meant nothing.

I bit my tongue, he was still an elder and even if he didn't deserve it, I had to respect him.

"He's family." I tried not to spat, but 'family' came out harsh, I was just trying to emphasis on the word,  because apparently he didn't know what that word meant.

"He couldn't hold his own in a war," he stated sounding completely uninterested in what I had to say. Why is he being so heartless?  I shut my eyes as my brows twitched,  my nose crinckled. I could promise I felt the blood flowing through a pulsing vein on my temple. "Why should I be-"

"You owe his father that much!" I snapped and earned silence from everyone there.
"His father gave his life for you, why do you find it so hard to donate your own nephew some blood?"

"Our clan is a prestigious one, we don't take charities." Was his pointless and absurd answer

Shove your darn pride- don't cuss. Don't cuss. I reminded myself.

"Give me a break! Who cares about your clan pride when one of your owns life's at risk!"

There was silence.

"You know, I think you don't want to help him, because he's part of your lower chain of family members." I stated, but that probably wasn't it, Hinata had also already been disregarded as the heir to the Hyuuga throne and I didn't mind mentioning it either.

"There you have it The famous Hyuuga clan abandoning their own to their death, for that you even dethroned your own daughter as chief. You know, I don't think you all know what it means to be a family, to ca-"

"All because I'm silent  doesn't give you the right to say what you will about where my family values lie. Escort her out." He said mng his way out himself and commanded the guards to basically ban me from ever entering the Hyuuga compound again.

"Yeah, listen to him. One day the same's gonna happen to you guys too, then you'll know." I attempt to stop them from throwing me out, it was all I could come up with. I was tired. My brain wasn't working as it should, but I wasn't willing to leave there without what I set to do.

My little retort partially worked.

"Listen, all I'm asking is for some blood, then you'll never have to see me knocking at your doorstep again. I won't even look at the Hyuuga compound if that gets you to help." I had to comprise at some point, I admit, I'm not the best negotiator and I knew I couldn't spat at everything. Though, I couldn't leave there with out him either.

"Gaurds, did I stutter?" He said, practically scolding them in the process.

I failed.

I was escorted out as said.

What are we going to do now?

My head hung low. When I arrived back at the hospital. Neji was still on the stretcher, he was connected to a Dinamap and was given nutrients through a drip.

"Well?" Shionee asked looking up from Neji. Her hair was a mess. She looked more worn out than I felt. Maybe I was just noticing it.

I shook my head. I was defeated and ashamed to have went back without help.

"What happened? " She asked as I motioned her to move over so I can take her place. She nodded as I began to explain, if you want to call it that.

"I don't know what's his deal? He pretty much flat out refused. That selfish, self centered, egoist, grumpy old man. I only wonder how Hinata put up with all that and still come out norm- nevermind," I sighed, "But  seriously,  you should have seen him. It was like his heart was made of ice, like he's been living in the snow country, actually forget that, people there are considerate, welcoming and caring, it's what keeps them warm, but seriously! That man is beyond my comprehension, his brother was caring enough to give his life for him and if it weren't for-"

"Ehm~Miya," Shionee spoke between a faked cough, interrupting my rant. I needed to let off steam after what my heart had to endure, why was she, oh... then I understood.

"He's behind me, isn't he?" I felt a sweat drip from my temple.

I spun around, "Hyuuga-sama, how are you? What brings you here?" Humbleness, but slight sarcasm at the last sentence.

"Not well, it seems people have gotten bold enough to rave about me behind my back." He commented and just continued to glare at me.

"Oh, now who would do that?..." I deadpanned, pacing away from him, fixating a sheepish smile on my face.
"Well, now that your here-" I began,  but was cut short.

"Yes, where do I need to go?"

"Follow me, Hyuuga-san, "Shizune-san instructed, putting on a pair of rubber gloves.

I went with them,  I knew all the procedures, alot of them atleast. Gloves, mask the whole deal.

After some time. Alot of tension. A bag of blood and relief that Neji's uncle was a match.

"He's going to be okay now, right Shizune-san?" I asked, feeling a bit relieved knowing he had the blood.

"He's out of any immediate danger, but it's too soon to tell. We need to-"she was explaining when all of a sudden.

There was a huge crashing sound coming from outside. The ones who weren't really needed-like me, rushed to the window. I heard the ground crumble as it sounded like it was being torn apart. People's screams could be distinctively heard within the dust cloud that had emerged outside.

I couldn't see anything past, anything.

What's going on?

***
5