Chapter 18

[Harry]

I knew what I was doing was stupid and completely heartless, but I couldn't help myself. I was desperate, and Niall was the first person I could think of, even if I knew I would hurt his feelings deeply. Besides, it all would have a bigger effect if the person I did it with was Niall since he was one of Louis' closest friends.

Seeing as Louis refused to tell me what he felt about me and I just had to know, I decided to take matters into my own hands and find out myself. I was aware that the method I was using wasn't exactly the best one I could come up with, but it would hopefully give me an answer at least, and that was all that I could think of right now.

So, that was how I found myself pressing my lips to the blonde-haired guy's when I saw Louis was just about to accidentally dance into us. I could see it coming before anyone else did, so I instantly took the opportunity I was given and grabbed a hold of Niall's waist, sealing our lips together.

As expected, Louis did react to the action, but unfortunately not in the way I had hoped he would. Instead of getting angry or showing any kind of emotion, he stared at the two of us with an unreadable look on his face before he suddenly turned on his heel and stormed off. The action caught me so off guard that I found myself standing there for a few seconds, just staring at the spot where he had just been. That was until I snapped back to reality and came to my senses.

I quickly departed from Niall and looked at his shocked face. "I'm so sorry," I said, and I did really mean it, even if it probably didn't seem like it. He didn't deserve this, at all.

Before he had time to even so much as say anything, I left him in search of the boy I was desperately trying to figure out. I made my way through the crowd of sweaty bodies and dancing people, seeing Louis' figure moving towards the front door. He was getting away, so I quickened my pace and practically pushed the people standing in my way off. I could not lose sight of him.

It took quite some time, but eventually, I finally managed to catch up with him, and by then we were out in the cold night, in the empty streets. "Louis, wait!" I called, reaching out to grab a hold of his forearm to make him stop. He stumbled a little by the harshness but didn't make any kind of face at the action whatsoever. He remained emotionless.

"What?!" He asked coldly. "What the fuck do you want, Harry?"

My eyes widened at the tone he was using, but I quickly composed myself and cleared my throat. "I, uhh... I was just--" I started, but he cut me off.

"You were just what? Sucking my best friend's face off just moments ago? Yeah, I noticed, but thanks for the information. Next time you should let me know before it happens so I don't miss a single second of it," he said sarcastically.

I closed my eyes, shaking my head in confusion. "Wait, what?"

When I opened them again, I could see him roll his eyes. "Oh, come on! Don't be so fucking stupid, Harry. Isn't it obvious? I thought I'd made it clear enough for you a long time ago, but apparently not. You're so fucking oblivious it's laughable, really."

I just stared at him, blinking my eyes. What was he talking about? Well, I did have an idea, but it couldn't be what I thought it was, right? No, I was pretty sure it wasn't. "I'm sorry, what?"

Something flashed in his eye as he gritted his teeth together. "You're unbelievable," he muttered, and the next thing I knew, he snatched his arm out of my hold and turned around to continue walking in the same direction he had been heading before.

My eyes followed his figure for a second until I finally managed to get control over my body and began moving my legs towards him. Instead of grabbing his forearm this time, I went for his hand, and damn, was that a mistake. Or well, that was if you counted getting goosebumps all over your body as a mistake because that was what happened to me. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but when Louis could easily see my reaction to our skin touching, it definitely was.