Chapter 18 ring of fire

Damon POV 

"So that's what a werewolf bite looks like." Katherine said while studying my arm. 

"Yup." I sighed while groaning. 

"It's not that bad." She commented while shrugging her shoulders. 

"It will be." I sighed while getting up from the chair. 

"So that's it you're just giving up, after you just met your mate?" Katherine asked confused. 

"It's not like I have a choice, besides Katherine we haven't completed the bond so she won't die when I'm dead." I growled. 

"Not physically but inside she will, you're taking her with you Damon." Katherine growled. 

"Well do you know a cure?" I growled at her. She shook her head and I nodded.  

"Me neither." I said while pulling on my jacket. 

"145 years and no last goodbye?" She said while staring at me. 

"You don't get a goodbye." I glared while heading for the door.  

"Don't leave mad." She pleaded while blocking my path. 

"Hate to break it to you Katherine but us ending on good terms was never gonna happen." I said while attempting to walk around her. 

"Klaus compelled me to lure Jenna out, I didn't have a choice." She hissed at me. 

"That's why I gave you the vervain. So you had a choice." I replied harshly. 

"It was her or me. I chose myself." Katherine shot back. 

"I helped you, you owed me now when klaus dies you're going to walk out of here scratch free when Elena's aunt dies. Somehow you're the only one who wins. How'd that happen?" I asked her while narrowing my eyes. 

"I didn't let love get in the way." She stated. 

"Enjoy an eternity alone Katherine." I smirked while walking past her. 

"What are you going to do?" Katherine asked confused. 

"I'm going to offer myself as a replacement to Klaus." I shrugged. 

"He won't take you and Emily won't allow it besides he saw the bite mark he saw that your blood is impure." Katherine screamed. " I'm sorry Damon, Jenna's dead there is nothing you can do about it."

Elena POV 

"Oh my head hurts." Jenna complained as I approached her. 

"Do you remember what happen?" I asked her quietly. 

"You called me, you were so scared. I should have realized it wasn't you. The second I walked out of the house someone grabbed me. A vampire." She hissed. 

"Klaus. It was Klaus." I stated. 

"He made me drink his blood, said Emily would do the rest, then I- I don't remember anything after that. Where are we, what happen, where's Emily?" Jenna asked confused. 

"We're at the quarry, he brought us here and Emily is here too somewhere." I explained while taking hold of her hand. 

"Why don't I remember anything?" She asked with a shake in her voice. 

"Jenna, do you remember when me and Emily told you how someone becomes a vampire?" I asked softly.  

"Yeah if you die with vampire blood in your system it's... Oh god, he killed me." She gulped while shaking slightly.