Chapter 3 a day from hell

Emily POV

"Nope go try on another one," Elena demanded while shoeing me back into the changing room.

"Elena this is like the tenth dress!" I complained while making my way back to the dressing room.

"We have to find that perfect dress to match your green eyes!" Elena yelled from the other side of the door.

"Elena, my eyes are blue." I said while rolling my eyes and slipping into the next dress.

"No your eyes were green when you were having that stare off with Damon, I'm sure of it." Elena chuckled from the other side of the door.

"What!" I screamed while opening up the door.

" Elena do you have any pictures of Damon on your phone?" I asked seriously.

"What, um maybe." Elena replied while digging into her pocket and pulling out her phone. "Yeah here is one." Before she could say anything I grabbed the phone and turned to face the mirror in the changing room. I looked down at the picture of Damon, he had a cute half smirk on his face and his arms were folded casually over his chest as he looked at the camera, I smiled slightly before facing the mirror only to see my eyes turning a shade of vibrant green. I gasped and dropped the phone in shock as my eyes slowly faded back to their usual cloudy blue.

"It can't be not after all this time, I thought he would have been long gone by now." Elena was looking at me like I was insane, but then she seemed to actually look at what I was wearing.

"On that's the dress it's perfect." Quickly I glanced down at my outfit, it was a floor length gown that was a light shade of green with a sash running down the side and crossing at the hips, the sash was made of green stones that shined under the light.

"Alright let's go, I really need to get this over with and have a chat with Damon." Elena gave me a confused look but decided it was better just to keep her mouth shut which I was grateful for.

Next stop was a shoe shop which I really didn't want to go into, out of all the shopping I was forced to do with Rebekah when I was younger shoe shopping was by far the worst experience. All the blisters from walking around in shoes two sizes to small and all the criticizing from Rebekah did not make this a fond memory.

"Elena my feet are going to be covered I really don't need any shoes I can't pay anyone back." I complained while she practically dragged me into the store.

"Are you sure you're a girl, you really seem to hate shopping." Elena sighed while pushing me down on a stool.

"Believe me if you had to deal with my aunt you would hate shopping too." I groaned remembering the memories.

"Well I'm not your aunt so come on I can already see you in a cute pair of green high heel sandals." Elena squealed while making her way up and down the isles searching for the perfect pair of shoes.

"No heels." I yelled as she turned a corner.

"No promises." I groaned and closed my eyes just waiting for Elena to return and I didn't have to wait long before a stack of boxes were dropped on my lap.

"Try these on," Elena smiled while sitting down across from me.

"I am seriously considering killing you right now." I growled while taking out the first pair of shoes.

"You wouldn't, you're to nice." Elena said with a matter of fact tone.

"Elena I'm still a vampire."