Chapter 1 Rude Awakening

100 years later mystic falls

Damon's POV

"Well dear brother, looks like we have a slight situation on our hands." I said while pulling a bottle of bourbon for the pantry.

"And what would that be Damon?" Stefan asked while taking a seat in front of me.

"Have you had a chance to meet Elena's new houseguest in town?" I asked curiously.

"No I haven't been over to Elena's today I left once I walked her home." I nodded before continuing.

"Well you better get over there and check things out, it will look suspicious if I'm over there but you are always there so that causes no alarms." I shrugged while swirling the bottle around.

"Fine I'll go, but not for you, for Elena's safety, but I have to take care of a few things first."

"Where you going?" I asked curiously.

"Hunting."

"Stefan one of these days you're going to kill the last bunny then you won't be so happy anymore." Stefan rolled his eyes but continued his way out the door and into the woods. I hope we could find out what was going on around here and fast because with the masquerade tomorrow we didn't need any more issues besides Katherine. After awhile of mumbling to myself I realized Stefan wouldn't go and investigate, he would just drown his sorrows in blood. Sighing to myself I put down the bourbon and rushed out the door.

Emily POV

100 years can really build up someone's temper, especially when all you can do with that time is think. I tried to remember what had happen that I had made my father so upset as to stab me, but nothing came to mind.

The last thing I remember was refusing to get out of bed then being stabbed by my father.

Something wasn't right though I should be dead, but I wasn't I found myself in a coffin. The dagger that was in my back had pushed its way out with time as I healed, now I was free again. However no one could know that, I needed to get away from here and fast.

Thinking of people I would know that we're still alive was difficult, I didn't associate well with others of my kind outside of my family. And that didn't bother me at the time but now it was a huge disadvantage.

Suddenly a name came to mind, it wasn't much to go on but it would have to do. The only vampire I can remember even liking slightly was that backstabbing doppelgänger Katherine, I didn't know what interested me about her. Maybe it was the fact that she disobeyed my father and no one ever dared to do that, except me from time to time.

I remember one night helping Katherine slip away from Niklaus, if she was still alive surely I could ask her for a place to stay. Feeling satisfied with my plan I emerged from my coffin to start my search. I was in a strange storage closet that looked to be built for one person, which was odd considering I saw Rebekah get stabbed as well.

I couldn't focus on that now I needed to get somewhere safe before anyone realized there was a now broken coffin sitting in a closet.

Quickly using vampire speed I rushed out of that building and headed in search of Katherine.

Most vampires would need a witch to help then track someone, or more information then I had, but I wasn't a normal vampire and I had 100 years to discover why. I knew that Nik I mean Klaus was what he liked to call a hybrid and he didn't really understand at the time that I was just like him. Except I was a born hybrid which meant I had natural abilities unlike him, so when he stabbed me with that dagger after a few years I could feel myself changing and now that I was fully awake I realized my werewolf side had been awakened, I was now a full hybrid.