Chapter 19

Not edited

Two weeks later:

It has been a week since I have been off my grounding. Its been a week since Cameron went back home, and its been four days since my parents got back from their business trip. It's a rainy day, and school just got off for Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is my second favorite holiday. I love it because of all the mashed potatoes. They are my favorite food. Thanksgiving break only lasts four days, though.

"So honey, how are you and Ben?" my dad asks me with a smile. My dad always did like Ben; so did my mom. I look at dad, not a single emotion in my eyes. "Oh! By the way we broke up a few months ago! Sorry I never got around to telling. You all were just so busy, I didn't want to bother you."

I smile at dad while his smile drops into a frown. My mom is in the room, too, looking on her computer. Her head shoots up, and she looks at me. "We are never to busy for you sweetie. How are you feeling? I know it can be sad, being alone. But there is a guy out there for you, I promise." she says with a sad smile.

I laugh "are you kidding!? I couldn't be more happier. I wish he dumped me a long time ago!" I say my smile widening. My mom and dad look at me shocked. "Why are you so happy?" my dad asks me. "Why do you wish he broke it off earlier!" my mom says loudly.

Cause then Cameron would have been my friend longer, and I could have liked her sooner. "Mom, he never did anything with me. Didn't go to the movies, didn't play videogames. . . it wasn't very fun" I explain to them.

Mom frowns at me "but, he was cute" my mom says. Dad looks a little sad too, which I find very weird. Weren't father's suppose to be happy? I look down at my phone to see that I have received a text. "Gabby wants to hang out today, can I go?" I ask my mom and dad.

Dad shakes his head "no, we have not been home for a while and want to know about what's been going on. . . tell us everything." Mom jumps in, ready to here who I might like now.

"Ok, I am passing all my classes, I am the same old person that you left when she was six for weeks at a time. I actually made friends; the closest one I am too is Cameron then my friend Gabby. And, that's about it" I say.

Mom nods her head slowly "who do you like?" she questions with a quizzical stare. I gulp, and you can hear it from the outside. "No one" I say as easily as I can.

"Seriously, if you don't tell me you will be grounded" I nod my head at her "I'll take my chances thanks, I like no one." I repeat myself a little bit more easier now.

I hear a noise come from the back of the house, and I hear footsteps. "Hey babe! Wanna go see a movie" she says when she realizes my parents are in the room. "Hey Mrs. and Mr. Thorne" she says with a smile.

"Did you just call Lucy 'babe'?" My mother asks standing up. My face reddens, and I look at Cameron. Her face is glowing with a bright smile. I see something else in her eyes, though. Tell them is all that runs through my head.

"Okay, here we go" I say standing to my feet. I intertwine Cameron's and I's fingers. "Mom, dad I like..." I pause for a few moments, and take a deep breath. Cameron squeezes my hand, knowing that I am nervous.

"I like Cameron, and I am not afraid of what you have to say. . . okay, that a lie. I care a lot, I really do, and I want you to except me." I tell them scarcely.

"Oh" mom says; not knowing what else to say. "Well. . . um" my dad clears his throat. "I will love you no matter what, Lucy. But, that does not make this situation okay." My mom says to me.

I slouch, wanting to cry at the fact that they were not okay with it. "We are a very religious family, you know this. What possessed you to have these feelings, I am not sure. But, unfortunately it can not continue." My dad jumps in and says.

I want to curl up in a ball and cry. I can't just push Cameron away. I think of how Cameron's parents handled her coming out, and I immediately become more thankful. I look at Cameron who has a sad look in her eyes.

No, I will fight for you I think to myself as I look at my parents. "Mom, dad let me give you a little lesson. You cannot control feelings. You can't make yourself get over someone after a day. And, I am letting you know now that I won't give this feeling up. I..." I look at Cameron, and take a huge breath.

Should I say it? Should I wait longer? It's such a strong word. I go for it anyways, and pray Cameron feels the same way. "I love Cameron, and I will fight for her. She is everything that I could ever want, and if I have to I will show you just how much I love her."

I look at Cameron, who is staring at me with a strange look. I can't quite point out what she is saying, but she is smiling. I smile back, my eyes lighting up. "I love you Cameron, and I will fight long and hard for you. I will do anything to keep you safe. I know, this is really soon, but I know it's you that I love." I tell her holding back tears.

"I...I" she looks like she is searching for words to tell me what she is feeling. "I love you too, Lucy" she says with a large smile. I laugh, and jump around. "Do you really?!" say happily jumping around. I almost forgot that my mom and dad are in the room, until I hear a throat clear.

"Right, well that was adorable its still not okay" mom says folding her arms across her chest. "I told you I Will fight for her. So, I am going to fight for her. Me and Cameron are going to the movies, you are not stopping me.

I look at Cameron, and quickly tug her out of the house towards her car. We both get in, and she drives us to the movies.