Chapter 2

Today wasn't too eventful after lunch. I went to Earth Science and Art class and those weren't to spectacular. I walk into the house and look around. It's completely silent, and I realize that I'm home alone. A smile makes its way onto my face as I make my way to my room to grab my stereo. My parents shouldn't be home for another hour and I have nothing else to do.

I set my bags down on the bed and grab my lovely stereo. when I'm down stairs I go to the outlet closest to the counter. Soon, songs are playing loudly as I dance around my kitchen; singing Mayday Parades:Jamie all over.  I know this is a little cliché for this to be happening, but I do it all the time. Who wouldn't? It's the best thing ever; to feel free of everything.

The bell rings and I sigh. I turn down my music and make my way over to the front door. Opening it I see Ben standing outside my door. "Hey, what's up?" I question while stepping aside to let him in. He doesn't come over much, only sometimes. He skips out on dinner a lot with me and my parents, and he never gives me a valid reason for it.

"Let's go to the mall" he says plainly; grabbing my hand he pulls me out the door and into his car. I buckle up and look out the window for a few moments; watching him walk around the car. My long blonde hair flies in my face when the air comes on. I sigh, pulling my hair into a low pony tail. It's a quiet ride to the mall.

"You can get whatever you want, Lucy", he walks away leaving me his wallet . I watch him walk all the way past the food court. He turns a corner and I loose him. Knowing I shouldn't, I can't help but get a little curious about where he's going. So, I put his wallet in my pocket and follow the direction he went, walking past the food court.

My mouth drops when I see him kissing on another girl, but it wasn't just one. No, it was a group of girls talking to him. He moved from one girl to another and my heart sank. He wants me to buy whatever I want? I'm going to make you go broke. I run away as fast as I can to the closest store to me. tears form in my eyes as  I walk into a small boutique filled with a lot of expensive things. I grab a cute over the shoulder shirt.

I quickly buy the thirty dollar shirt and leave. I hit six other stores before I realize his wallet is cleaned out. No money was in his wallet, and I felt a little better. The problem now is that I have five bags filled with a lot of expensive clothes that I don't think I'll wear. The sudden realization hits me when I see Ben walking towards me. I say nothing as I hand him his wallet back and head outside towards his car. "What the- babe!" I don't stop and listen to him complain about his money. "Take me home" was all I said before I walked out the double doors of the mall.

He pulls up to the house and I throw open my door. "I think we should break up" I say, and his face doesn't change. It still has the same strange look on it as it did earlier. "Same" was all Ben said before he drove off down the road. The tears came and I let out a loud cry as I make my way back into the house. I throw all the bags down and run to the kitchen, my music waiting for me alone and trusting.

***

I walk down the stairs, I called Camry and as soon as she heard me crying she hung up. I didn't quite understand until I heard the doorbell just five minutes ago. I open the door and let her in the house. "Lucy!" she shouts hugging me. The weird feeling I got earlier from looking at Cameron shows up again. I can't quite describe it, but I like the feeling. "Camry he dumped me! Well... I dumped him, but he cheated on me! I was sure that I loved him, and I was going to tell him that I really meant it, until I watched him cheat on me two hours ago." I let out another sob, burying my head in her neck.

I know she doesn't like it when people breathe on her, but she hasn't pushed me off yet, so I take this as my moment to keep my head there. It was comforting and all I wanted was to be comforted by my best friend. Yes, I'm counting her as my best friend, because she's always here no matter what.

I finally move my head, knowing that it was probably bothering her by now. "Cameron, what do I do?" I question as I look into her blue eyes. They weren't an ocean blue, or a light blue. They were dark/light blue eyes. They had many shades in them, so many that it wouldn't be very hard to get lost in them.

"Well, do you want to talk about it?" she asks as she leads me to my couch. I didn't feel like talking, but I want to talk to Cameron, so I nod my head 'yes'. So, we sit down and I tell her everything that happened today between me and him. How he was acting weird at lunch, and during our art class together. About what happened at the mall, and that I spent all of Ben's money on expensive clothes I won't even wear.

We make the decision that Cameron should stay the night. "You can look through the clothes if you want, I won't wear them." my heart doesn't hurt as bad as it did when I caught Ben, now. Although, this is just the first day of my breakup. What will I do if I have panic attacks? Who will be there for me? My parents get home late, and leave early in the mornings.

"No, instead we're going to burn them. You don't need anything in this house that reminds you of him" she speaks. My eyes go to Cameron who is busy grabbing noodles for the pasta we plan to cook tonight for dinner. I smile at her, the weird feeling getting bigger the longer I stare. Maybe I'll be alright, after all I do have my best friend who will look out for me.