Chapter 14

After we played truth or dare last night we watched movies. I soon fell asleep by Cameron. Throughout the night we cuddled. I woke up a couple of times just to get a chance to look at her stress free face.

She ended up grabbing my hand, and I soon fell back to sleep. Now, I am sitting in my bedroom doing homework that probably should have been done on Friday night.

I left Ashton's house two hours ago, and have been doing homework ever since. Sundays have never been my favorite days. They are slow as can be, and I never have any plans. This is one of those Sundays.

My parents should be home by tomorrow. "Gosh dang!" I shout to myself as I look at a poster on my wall. "We are off tomorrow" I groan loudly.

Oh heck no, I am going to do something tonight. I am done staying home. I throw my books off of my lap, and get up. I look at my phone to see if anyone has tried to contact me.

"No one? Shocker" I speak sarcastically to myself. I walk around the house. It's extremely dirty for only having one person living here. I look to see if I have any emails about any party's tonight.

My mind wonders as I think about last night. Cameron holding my hand, and me wanting to kiss her. I wish I would have. I don't think I had ever liked someone as much as her.

I imagine how our first kiss would go if I ever got the chance. I imagine it would be when we are alone, obviously. But, something different would be about the atmosphere. There would be a hint of love in the air.

I would wait for the right moment to lean in and kiss her. Knowing me I would probably say a cheesy pick up line. "Oh my" I shake my head, and my face goes red at the thought of my lips on Cameron's.

I giggle to myself for a few moments until I slowly stop. It's a lonely life, sometimes. I grab my phone, and call my mom. "Sorry, the person you are trying to call can't come to the phone right now. Please record your message, when you are finished recording hang up or press one for more options"

I hear the 'beep' and leave a quick message. I decide to sit back down into my bed with my books. Doesn't hurt to get a little more homework done.

***
You can do this I encourage myself for the second time. My boredom got the best of me, and I am deciding whether or not I should text Cameron. Just ask her to hang out glide my thumb over the screen.

I read what I said, then delete it. That's not good enough I type another message. I delete it. This process takes place five to six more times. Finally, I decide to just type in a simple 'hey'.

A few moments later Cameron answers:

Cameron: hey what's up?

Me: Hey again, Cam. If you are not busy would you like to hang out?

Three dots pop up on the a screen for a few seconds. They leave quickly, then come back.

Cameron: sure! Be over in a few!

I sigh, and wait patiently for her to show up. This shouldn't take too long. I mess with some pillows that are on the couch. I have been sitting here for a good five minutes now.

"Yo, Lucy!" I hear Cameron shout from behind me. I jump a bit, and turn to her. "Seriously?! How are you getting into my house?" I ask again, starting to get concerned. Someone could break in!

"Don't worry, it isn't a very obvious way. It actually takes a lot of work to get in here without knocking." Cameron stops talking, and takes a seat next to me. "I really need a key to your place." She looks around the room.

"So what's up?" Cameron puts her arm around me. I smile, and lean into her. "Nothing much, just bored, and I wanted to spend my boredom with my best friend so..."

"Can we talk?" I look at Cameron for a moment. "Y-yeah?" my heart is beating a hundred beats a second. I start to get a little nervous. " You are playing with me. Toying, let's say."

Cameron looks at me with big doughy eyes again. Thunder crackles outside as Cameron speaks. "Lucy, what are you feeling?" I stare at Cameron for a few silent moments.

"Cameron" I whisper leaning my head towards hers. Our heads rest on each others and out noses touch. "Lucy" she whispers back. "I like you more than you can imagine" I tell her, my eyes closed.

"I like you too, Lucy" I smile, still keeping my eyes closed. "I am sorry you didn't know earlier. . . I was just scared. I have never felt this way towards anyone. Especially a girl. I don't know how to handle my feelings, Camry."

"Gently" she says softly planting a light kiss on my nose. My cheeks turn red from blushing. I open my eyes, and look at her. "You're so beautiful, Cameron." She smiles and lets out a laugh.

"Mmhmm, sure" she pulls back from me. I sit facing forwards, now. Whew, glad she knows now I think to myself. A weight is lifted from my shoulders. Our moment left just as fast as it came.

"I got to go at six. I have family coming in. What do you want to do for the next two hours?" I shrug, and stare at her. "I... Don't know" I tell her finally looking away. "Well, this is your house not mine."

I sigh, and stand up from the couch. "I am going to my room then, you can watch T.V. if you want." I start to walk away. Cameron grabs me from behind and swings me around. "Nope, come here" she says sitting us both on the couch.

She sits me between her legs, and I lay back. I could get used to this a smile makes its way on my face, and I snuggle up to her.