Chapter 15

Monday passed just as fast as
Tuesday, thanks to the wonderfulness of school. I have started to sit with all of my new friends. It feels nice having someone like you, and having friends.

I feel like nothing else can go wrong in my life. My parents came back on Monday, and plan to leave again on Saturday. I walk to my locker, and grab my things for my next classes. "Guess what day it is!" I hear Ben shout while running down the hall.

I roll my eyes, and let out an aggravated sigh. "Freaking Wednesday, you idiot" I scream at him. I realise that this comes out a little too harsh, for someone who doesn't like the whole hump day saying. But, I don't care what anyone thinks.

He stops running and looks at me. "What's wrong? Still got feelings?" I glare at Ben. "Not for you" I bite at him. He steps back as I step forward. "You wanna go?" he says standing his ground. "Fight me!" I scream just about to punch him.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, Ben. You can't hit a girl." I glare at his friend who stopped me from punching Ben. "Let him at me, I can take him" I tell his brown haired friend. "Okay, first of all you are a girl. Second, you need to calm down, Lucy."

I roll my eyes, and pick up the books I had set down moments ago. "Whatever, I am going to math class" I say leaving. I make my way to math class, and sit down. Instead of sitting in the usual spot of the middle; I take a seat in the back.

Mrs. Keegan is seated at her desk, and waits patiently for the rest of her students to walk in. Everyone comes in, and takes a seat. "Gabby?! I didn't know we have math together!"

Gabby takes the empty seat next to mine. "Its been three days!" I laugh at her. "Yes, Gabby it has. Sorry I haven't texted you yet. How's the whole boyfriend thing?" I question.

Before Gabby can answer Mrs. Keegan stands. "Alright class, today we will be having a pop quiz" she speaks grabbing a stack of papers. We all groan as she passes them out.

She hands me a quiz, and I quickly grab my pencil. I begin to answer the problems, only having a little trouble. Once I am done I sit patiently, and wait. Someone stands, and turns theirs in at Mrs. Keegan's desk. This makes me comfortable enough to stand and turn in my test as well. I walk back to my desk, and grab a piece of paper.

I quickly write a note for Gabby, and wait patiently for her to get done and turn in her quiz. fifteen minutes pass and Gabby stands. After she takes her test to Mrs. Keegan and sits back down.

I quickly throw the note at her, and look away. I don't want to get caught by Mrs. Keegan. She is a very nice teacher, but if you screw up she will let you feel her wrath.

A paper flies back, and hits me in the face.

Oh my gosh! That's so cute! And you told her?! That's even cuter!! Ugh, wish I had the courage you had!

The bell rings just as I finish reading the note. I look at her, and smile. "You do Gabby, just in a different form." with that we are separated by the crowd.

***
I make my way to art class. Specials are the last class of the day on Wednesday since our teachers have meetings. This means that our classes are cut short and moved.

"Yo yo yo!" I hear Ben and his crew shout as they grab their art work. I groan at their ignorance. Why did I ever like him? I open up the box that holds the girls art work.

I grab water colors and paintbrushes. Our assignment is to paint what makes us happy. Since I don't really know how to paint Cameron I have to stick with a favorite television show.

I quickly write Supernatural on my art paper, and grab red paint. I paint in the letters, and paint the background black. I smile at my work, and start to clean up my mess. I feel a splash on the back of my neck.

I turn around to see Ben and his friends laughing. I feel the back of my neck and realize it's paint. I pull my hand back to my face and see it's the color purple.

"Jokes on you, I happen to like the color purple" I say. Ben ignores me, and him and his friends ready their brushes. Soon a series of colors come flying at me. Blue, green, yellow, orange. Every color of the rainbow hits me.

Suddenly I realize what is happening. I know what it means, and I know why he is doing this. I want to cry and scream at Ben. Before I can do anything the substitute stops us.

"What is going on here! Benjamin! Lucy! To the principals office now!" I jump at the loudness of her voice. She isn't the softest substitute teacher. She is rather loud, and quit scary.

I personally have never had trouble with her... Until now. I scurry out of the classroom and head to the office. I hear Ben's footsteps from behind me. I pick up the pace; a tear forming and falling from my eyes.

I make it to the office and wait for the principal to come out. Once he does he leads me and Ben---who got here five minutes earlier--- to his office. "What seems to be the problem?"

Immediately Ben and I began to scream what happened. "Don't fudge with the truth, Ben!" I scream at him. Principal Jer stops us. "One at a time. Ben, you first" he says pointing to Ben. "Well sir, I was just minding my own business when Lucy flicked paint at me."

I scream at him "I said don't fudge it up, Ben! What's wrong with you! You flicked paint at me! Do you not see this!" I say turning my head to Principal Jer.

"You both have paint on you. Unfortunately I don't know who started it. So, both of you have detention for a week."

Great, detention with Ben for a week. Bloody hell.