Chapter 1

I run down the hallway of school, ready to get to class. I've been waiting all morning to get to school to see my boyfriend of five years, now. "Hey Lucy!" I heard Cameron scream at me from across the hall.

"Hi Camry! Sorry, I got to get to Ben, but we'll speak later!" I reply heading to the  stairwell and walking up the steps. I make it to my English class and walk in; a smile making its way on my face when I spot Ben.

"Benjamin!" I say happily as I set my things at the desk. "Hey boo, what's up" he replies. I stare at him, giving him the look of 'seriously '. "Don't call me boo, you know I hate that. Pet names are dumb. If you're going to call me something call me by my name, or Honey or something. Just, not boo." I say.

I know I sound like a jerk but I'm really not. I just hate it when couples are like 'boo' or 'butterfly' or something. I won't even except 'princess'. I will honestly ignore someone if they call me princess.

The teacher comes in and we all sit quietly, and ready to pay attention. I can't help but look over at Ben a couple times during class, though. After dating him for so long I still can't believe he's mine. The time speeds by, Mrs. Henderson gives us our homework assignment and sends us on our way to our next class. I quickly gather my things, and find Ben sitting outside the door waiting for me. "Sorry, I had to gather up my books; are you ready for our big History test?" I ask as we make our way down the hall.

Cameron joins us as we walk past her locker. Me and Cameron are pretty good friends, I wouldn't say best friend, but she's getting close. She's always there when I need her, and she helps me through anything. That could mean homework, family issues, lost loved one; you name it and she will be there for you. "I'm so nervous, I stayed up all night studying! I got no sleep whatsoever, and I'm really tired. It doesn't help that I have basketball tonight either."

I look over at Cameron "I'm sorry Camry" I say using the nickname I gave her a few months back. I never really knew what caused me to call her this, but I did anyway and she's perfectly fine with it. "Cameron, why is it that your the sporty one? I'm a fairly tall male, who can shoot pretty well and the only thing  I use my tallness for is grabbing a bag of chips from the top shelf."

We all take a moment to laugh at Ben before we find ourselves standing in front of the door of doom. Mr. Marcus was always such a strict teacher. He still is; It's only the second week of school and we have three projects due, not to mention the test we are taking today. We all take deep breathes and I close my eyes. "Here goes nothing" I say as I walk into the classroom and take my seat, placing all my books on the floor.

***
I walk out of class, completely stressed out. The social studies test was terrible, he gave us so many questions. If you fail this test Lucy you'll be in deep trouble  The voice in my head tells me as I make my way to my locker. Me and Ben are planning to eat lunch together outside today, and I don't want to be late for that. He said he had something important to tell me, so I want to make it their on time. I open my locker and slide my books inside.

I walk through the cafeteria doors and head over to the lunch line. Quickly picking out the food I want (a burger, fries, and a piece of cake) I go outside and look for Ben. I spot him, and walk towards his table, eager to listen to his news. I take a seat, and flash him a smile "Hey, you said you wanted to talk?" Ben gives me a look of uncertainty, and a strange emotion crosses his face. "You know, I thought about it, and I honestly don't have anything important to tell you. I just wanted you to sit with me today, that's all."

I smile at him, awe I say in my mind as I look deep into his eyes. We sit there in silence for a few moments. "Well, since there's nothing you wanted to talk to her about then I suggest we do our project." A kid named Jessie butts in, interrupting our time together. I don't say anything to the two study partners. "Oh! That's right you have that project due in Chemistry, right? I'll let you get to it!" I say in understandment. I pick up my tray, and walk back inside. I make my way to Cameron and set my tray down.

"Hey! I thought you and Ben were going to eat together, what happened?" I shake my head and tell her that it's nothing. "Him and Jessie have to work on a project for Chemistry, you know how Mr. Slyer is." Cameron nods in understandment, and we look at each other for a moment a strange feeling silence takes over. I shake my head slightly to try to take the feeling away, and soon it goes. That was strange  I tell myself before digging into my food.