Chapter 3

It's been three days since me and Ben broke up. It doesn't hurt at all anymore. Me and Cameron have been hanging out a lot these past three days. The night she stayed over was filled with nothing but singing and dancing. She made me happy again.

Now, we're roaming the halls of the school, looking for our science teacher. I have a bad grade and I'm suppose to retake the quiz tomorrow, but I don't know what time. Cameron decided she was going to come along, and I didn't argue.

We finally spot him in the office. Me and Cameron quickly make our way towards the office. "Mr. Cal, what time am I suppose to retake that science quiz?" I ask as I make the rest of the way down.

I glance at Cameron a few times, smiling at her with a thoughtful smile. I never noticed how pretty she is. Unlike me, who was born with blonde hair, Cameron dyed her hair blonde. Well, more blonde.

She did have blonde highlights for the longest time. Then, she wanted to be courageous, and she decided to dye it all blonde. It looks really good, and I'm glad she dyed it, It suits her.

"How about tomorrow morning?" I nod my head. "Thanks, I'll be here tomorrow morning. What time?" I questioned. "7:00, please" he says before turning around and walking away. I run back and almost run into Cameron's face. "Wow, Camry your really close."

We smile and she backs up "oops, sorry I didn't realize how close I was." The strange feeling returns, along with a warm feeling growing on my face. I'm blushing hard, as I turn around. Why am I feeling this way? I awkwardly start walking away, and I hear Cameron from behind me.

***
I hop in the car and drive home. It wasn't as fun as it normally is. Being single again doesn't make me very happy. I have too much time on my hands now, and no one to have a relationship conversation with.

I walk into the house, and see my parents sitting in the living room. "Hello honey" my mother says as I leave to go to the kitchen. I'm hungry, and I didn't have a lot of time to eat since I was studying.

I wave as I walk out of the kitchen with a bowl of cookie cereal. It has always been a kind I like. I scoop my spoon into the bowl and bring the cereal to my mouth, taking a bite.

"We have the late shift tonight, your father and I. Will you be ok?" I stare at mom with a blank face. "Really. You have been leaving me alone since I was six and your asking if I'm going to be alright?"

Mom sighs as she sets down the magazine she was reading. "Look, maybe you should have Ben over. I trust you enough." I felt tears form in my eyes. "Nah, I'll be ok on my own. I always am."

She nods at me and walks towards the steps "Well, I'm going to go get ready" mom says as she walks up the steps. My mind wanders to Cameron, and what she is doing. The feeling comes back in my stomach as I think of her.

It feels the same as when I used to think of Ben. Could this feeling be butterflies? No, impossible, I only have eyes for guys. . . And Cameron? My phone buzzes and I take it out.

A text shows up on my lock screen, and I smile when I see Cameron's name pop up beside it. 

Cameron: There's a secret I've been keeping. And I want to tell you, can I come over?

Me: Sure, how about 7:00?

Cameron: See you there!

we stop texting after that, and I head to my room, and begin to clean it. My mind goes to every possible secret she could have. I didn't know she was capable of having secrets.

An hour passes by, and my parents are gone. Once they pull out and drive away, Cameron is pulling in. I smile at her, and wait by the door. She gets out, and we both walk into the house.

"Ok, so there's something I've been keeping from you." I nod as we take a seat in the living room. "I have known for a while, now. Since seventh or eighth grade." I continue to listen, waiting for her to get to the point.

"I'm gay" She says quickly covering her face. I smile at her "awe! Cute! Do you have a girlfriend?" I ask, and she looks up. I can tell she wasn't expecting that reaction from me. But, instead of telling me she says "why? You interested?" We both laugh at her joke.

"Oh very" I play along still laughing. I feel my face warm up a little bit, and hope that Cameron doesn't notice. Am I? She punches my arm and we laugh some more.

She must not have noticed then. "Well" I say looking around the house. My phone begins ringing. I look at the number. It's blocked. I show it to Cameron and she shrugs her shoulders "answer it" is all she says before I click the answer button.

A series of strange noises comes from the other side. "Why did you eeeeevverr wait for Lucy, when you could have had me." I quickly hung up, knowing exactly what was going on on the other end. I want to throw up, I want to cry again.

"If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go to that party tonight and get hecka drunk. Want to come?" I ask as I stand up and grab my keys. "Oh, no thank you. I promised myself I would never drink."

I nod "it's cool, I'll go alone then" I tell her. "Now, I didn't say that" she stands with me. "I'm going, too, only because I need you to get home safe." I shrug "I'm always alone. I'm better off that way anyways."

She follows me out to the car, and we both get in. "Not tonight Lucy" Cameron says as I pull out of the driveway, and head down the street towards the direction of the party.