Chapter 10

"Ohmygoodness yes! I ship it So hard!" Ash (who I just discovered her real name is Ashton) squeals. I stare at her. Just a few moments ago I told Ash that I like Cameron. She's making such a big deal out of nothing.

"Ash, please. Calm down, my parents will hear you." I know, my parents are never home. But, they are off for the week. This week happens to be the week I am finding out more about myself.

I glance at the door, and make sure no one is coming. Thankfully no one is, and I relax. "It's so cute! Cameron told me she likes you, also! Awe, she gets all cute when she talks about you, too!" Ash says happily.

I can tell she's excited for just being put in the loop. I don't think she gets involved with very many things. "Okay, that's freaking awesome. But, she won't let me open my mouth to tell her how I feel. She will not have that happening."

We sit there in silence for a good five minutes. "Okay, how about I lock you guys in a closet, and not let you out until she hears what you are telling her?" Ashton pipes up. I look at her, so many things could go wrong with that. But, so many things could go right I tell myself.

"Next option?" I ask giving her a weary smile. "Push her into the lockers, and kiss her passionately." Ash suggest. I want to laugh, but I don't. Instead, my strange little brain fantasizes once again what it would be like to have her lips on mine.

My stomach flips, and I smile to myself. I must look a tad bit creepy, though. Because Ash is now giving me a strange look. "Sorry, just thinking" the smile stays on my face. Except, a little less creepy.

"No other options?" I ask looking at Ash. She shakes her head of coarse not I think as I decide to stand up. " I need her to know how I feel. Do you know where she is now?" Ash shakes her head.

I sigh, walking over to my bed, and laying down. "This is just great, she won't let me speak, she won't answer my texts, and she is avoiding me." I scroll through the texts I have sent her.

Me: Cam, we need to talk

Me: there's something I need to tell you.

Me: Stop ignoring me!

Me: Cam please, where are you?

Ash comes up to me, and sits on the foot of my bed. "I don't know, Lucy, maybe you should just wait." Or not tell her at all I decide to do that.

"I have decided to not tell her at all. I don't want it to ruin our friendship or make it awkward, you know? Maybe it will pass."

Two weeks later:

It's the second week of September, which means we have been in school for almost two months. I have already got so much drama, and my parents have been out of town a lot lately. Which means, I could have a make out session at my place, and they wouldn't know.

Would I? Only if Cameron came, and it was just me and her on the couch. I am standing at Mrs. Vas's desk. She is my drama teacher. "Do you have the permission slip?" Mrs. Vas asks, and I nod. "Yep! Here you go!" I say happily handing her my permission slip.

We are going on a field trip to New York to see a Broadway musical. I am super excited, and can't wait. It's in two months.

Cameron comes up to me, and lays her head on my shoulder. "Hey, what's up" I say turning around. She hugs me, and my stomach flips. The smallest things she does gets me. Her smile is what really does it for me. Its the most adorable thing I have every seen.

Everyone always says the best things in life are free. For me it just so happens to be Cameron's smile. "Nothing much, really. Just bored, and I want to talk to someone." I laugh at her. She has gotten a lot more comfortable being around me now.

She started talking to me again last week, after she got her feelings straight. We haven't mentioned about our attraction towards each other. Well, she hasn't I have been hinting it for the past two weeks.

She is dumber than a doornail when it comes to picking up hints. I'm not too surprised, though. You can't have everything. She slaps me, and I slap her back. "Girls, stop" Mrs. Vas scolds us. We look at each other and laugh, but we stop before we can get in more trouble.

"Alright everyone! Places!" I take my place on the far left of the stage, diagonal of Cameron and Ash. I didn't realize Ash was taking drama until just a few days ago. When I saw her in here practicing.

We line up with our partners. This year our musical is based off the twenty's. Today we are learning how to do the Charleston. It's a really fun dance, but I feel bad for my partner.

I am a very uncoordinated person when it comes to dancing with someone. The music starts, and we all begin to dance. I step on Tyler---My partners---- foot. This sends him bumping into a boy who's name is Luke, who then falls into Cameron.

Cameron falls almost off the stage until I quickly move to catch her. I stand there holding her arm tightly so she wouldn't fall to the ground. "I'll never let go Jack" I say ruining our small moment that was everyone else's awkward silence.

Everyone burst out laughing, and I pull Cameron back up. "Thanks" she says shyly, and I give her a strange look. "Yeah, no problem. That's what friends are for" I say smiling.

I can see Ash looking at me and Cameron from the corner of my eye. Great, there will be questions I think to myself. "Alright everyone! I think that's enough practice for today. I will see you all tomorrow."

The bell rings, and everyone pushes their way through the door.