Chapter 17

Cameron's POV:

I stand there, holding on to Lucy's hand. She squeezes tightly when she sees the anger in my father's face. I only plant my feet, and wait for him to yell. "What is this!" he screams at me; my mother sitting silently in her chair.

I feel Lucy begin to shake "who the hell are you!" dad screams at Lucy. I decide to speak when I see a tear form in her eye. "My friend dad, what is your problem." I raise my voice at him.

"Your friend?! Let go of her hand, now!" he screams at me. My mother remains silent, and I see Lucy's hair fall into her face. "No" I say sternly pulling Lucy to me. I wrap her in a hug, and squeeze her tightly.

"You're not telling me that you like girls are you!" my mother finally steps in. "Babe, maybe you should sit down" mom stands, and tries to calm my father down. While she is doing that I pull Lucy back a little. "Hey" I whisper to her, moving her hair from her face.

"Hey, it's fine. I could have done that a little better" I tell her. "Don't cry Lucy" I tell her. I know my father's loud voice is what scared her. "I should have prepared you a little better." I give her a kiss on the nose.

Before I know it I am being slapped so hard I am on the floor. Lucy screams, and steps back. "Stop it! Please don't hurt her! Please!" I hear Lucy speak up, finally. Her voice is shaking and tears are running down her face.

I sit there with wide eyes when I hear Lucy speak. Her voice sounds just as scared as the day she had her anxiety attack. I stand up, and prepare to fight back. "Dad listen to me! I know you are some sort of religious man, but you can't fight this! I like Lucy and that's that!"

My dad stands in silence for a moment. My mom doing the same, not saying a word. "Get out" he tells me. I go in to speak, but he stops me "I said, get out" I nod my head quickly, and grab Lucy.

"C- Cameron are you okay?" Lucy asks me. I nod my head stiffly, and grab Lucy's keys from her back pocket. I see a faint blush on her face, and I smile. It's cute when she blushes at something I do.

"Sorry, guess I should have asked before I stuck my hand in your back pocket" I say. She shrugs and lets a small grin slip onto her face. I hop into Lucy's car, and put in the key.

***
Lucy's POV

We pull up to my house, and walk into the house. "Hey honey, who is this?" My grandma asks me. I look at Cameron hopefully soon to be girlfriend "My friend, Cameron" I tell her.

I watch as Cameron smiles, and heads upstairs. "Her parents are not the happiest with her. Can she stay tonight? I know it's a lot to ask since you let me go over tonight."

"That's fine, she can stay for as many nights as she wants." I smile at her, and head upstairs. "Hey Cam do you wa-- Cam?" I cut myself off when I see her crying. "Oh Camry, don't do that. Don't cry" I say tears forming in my eyes again. I can't stand to see her cry, it makes me sad. "I am sorry" she says wiping away the tears.

I go over to her, and take a seat down next to her on my bed. It's ten thirty, and I don't think either of us will be able to sleep tonight. I place my hands on either side of her face.

I wipe away the falling tears. "You comforted me, now its my turn" I whisper. "I want my dad to except me. My mom didn't look to happy, either." Cameron stares at me with her big blue/grey eyes. "I know, babe. But, it will all fall into place."

I blush when I realize I called her 'babe', but she didn't seem to mind. "Lucy" she whispers to me. My stomach fills with butterflies when I hear my name from her mouth.

"Yes, Cam?" I reply with a sad smile. "Kiss me" she demands, and My sad smile turns into a happy grin. "Are you sure?" I ask, and she nods her head. I close my eyes, and slowly lean in. Our lips connect softly, and I smile into the kiss.

I have had one other kiss before this, but that one has nothing on what I am feeling now. Our kiss lasts for only a few moments, before I pull away. My forehead rests on hers and our noses touch. "You have no idea how long I have been wanting to do that" I tell her.

"You have no idea how long I have been waiting for you to do that." we are both smiling, now. "Can I ask you something?" Cameron asks me. I giggle a little "you just did" I say, acting like a smart ass.

She disregards my lame comment "will you be my girlfriend?" I nod my head quickly, our foreheads still touching. "More then anything" I tell her happily. She pulls away just a little bit. Cameron kisses my nose softly, and I giggle.

"Never stop doing that" I tell her placing my arms on her shoulders. She grins "never" she tells me kissing my nose again. Her hands wrap around my waist, forming goosebumps all over my body. It feels good, sitting like this.

"We should probably get to bed, Cam. We got school tomorrow" I remind her, and myself. I look at the clock twelve o'clock "yeah it's pretty late... Or early. I lay down, and so does Cameron.

I throw my arm across her stomach and she puts her arm behind me, pulling me close. "Goodnight, Lucy" she says to me before closing her eyes. Before I can say it back, I fall asleep.