Chapter 5

I wasn't lying when I said it was going to be a long day. It was, I tried my best to keep avoiding Ben, but failed so many times when I made eye contact. I didn't feel anything like I used to.

All of the weird butterflies in my stomach go to someone else...Cameron. Her smile is so cute, and it makes me want to smile. Every time I see her, I just want to make her smile.

She has the cutest laugh, too. It's a shame that I don't have anyone to talk to about this. I'm not going to tell my parents, and I don't know any other people.

I've been thinking about all kinds of things. Mainly, who Cameron likes, and why she isn't telling me. I want to know, that way I can be jealous of the right person.

Truth is, I don't know what I am anymore. I'm just trying to find my way. This could be a phase, I could be bisexual, or a lesbian; it could just be her.

I'm sitting in Cameron's room now, looking at all the posters she has on her walls. Since it's Friday, she asked me to stay over for the night. I immediately said yes, of coarse.

I like her, that's the only thing I'm sure of at this moment. "Hey Lucy! Come here!" I stand from her bed and walk out the door. I walk to the kitchen where I heard her voice come from.

I look around but don't see her. The kitchen is pretty big, so she could be hiding anywhere if she wants to. I feel arms wrap around me from behind. I giggle "what are you doing you weirdo?" I ask, trying to make sure that she doesn't notice the affect on me.

"Oh you know, being weird" I laugh, and she lets go. "Let's make cookies! Then while they are baking we can play video games!" I nod.

We pull everything out, the cookie dough, pan, and non stick spray. After we get that out we put the cookies on the tray. "You know, we could just save time by eating the dough" I suggest.

"Oh good, I'm not the only one" Cameron picks up the tray, and we take it to the living room. We turn on the PS4, and take a seat on the couch.

We put in The Last Of Us and start up a game of multiplayer. I get the first kill, but in the end Cameron ends up winning. We play again, the same thing happening as before. I get the first kill, and she gets the rest.

This time I'm determined to try a little harder. "Loser" she says as she get the first kill this time. I end up getting the second and third. Soon we are tied at ten, and we are both pumped up. I run around, hoping that I won't get shot.

Sadly, I do, and I loose again to Cameron. "Man! I really thought I had you there!" I complain setting down the remote, and looking at Cameron. Her hair was up in a pony tail, and out of her face.

"Do you think my hair would look good cut short?" I nod my head quickly. "I think it would be cute! You should totally get it done!" She nods her head happily.

"I will" we both grab a ball of cookie dough and shove it in our mouths. After I'm done chewing and swallowing I decide to speak. "So, who do you like?" I finally ask again.

It's been bothering me for quite a while now. All I want is to know who the lucky girl is. "Is she a lesbian, too? Or does she not notice you? At least give me that." I say with a pouty face.

Cameron smiles, and looks at me with a weird expression on her face. It's as if her eyes have gone softer. I can't explain the look very well, but something about it makes my stomach flip.

"Oh, she notices me. But I don't think she's a lesbian, or even bisexual. If she is she's doing a great job at hiding it." I nod my head. So you're not going to give me a name? I sigh, only feeling half satisfied with her answer.

I take another scoop of cookie dough, and lay back on the couch. Cameron decides to get up and find a movie. The movie is called The Women In Black, and it didn't look to scary.

Within five minutes into the movie I move closer Cameron. Not because it's scary, but because she's warm and comfortable. I lay My head on her shoulder and throw my arm across her stomach.

She doesn't say anything, all she does is put her arm behind me and hugs me. I'm not paying to much attention to the movie. Sometimes I stare at Cameron, other times I day dream about what it would be like if we were a couple.

Then, out of no where a screeching bird jumps out on the screen. Me and Cameron both jump, and start laughing. "Cameron! I wasn't paying attention! You freaking scared me!" I shout moving my head.

"It's called a scary movie for a reason, now pay attention." I sigh and look back at the screen. I'll pay attention to the movie when you stop being so beautiful.

***
It's 12:00 now, and Cameron has been slapping me, and flicking me to keep me from falling asleep. "Stop it Camry" I say laying my head back down on her stomach.

"Never! Stay up! We're sleeping in my room." I sigh and decide to sit up. Unfortunately that didn't help my sleeping problem, and my head started to fall back down.

*Smack* Cameron hits me in the eye, and I glare at her. "What the heck, Camry! I just wanna go to sleep" I say tiredly and (now) angry. "Alright, alright let's go upstairs."

We both stand up, and make it to her bedroom. She lays down on her bed, and I sit on the edge. She looks up from her phone "you gonna lay down? You can sleep now." I give her a small smile, and lay beside her.

I put my arm around her and lay my head on her stomach. "Goodnight Camry" I say before closing my eyes. As I was almost asleep I heard a small whisper "goodnight Lucy".