|8|

Hey guys! I'm just about ready to start keeping a schedule for this fanfic. What day do you guys prefer? I post a new chapter every Friday or Thursday? Please let me know! :) Happy Reading!

XOXO 7halfbloodss

It's Worse Than Anger and Disappointment

"Gentleman! Gentleman! Settle down!" Maxon raised both of his arms and waved his hands around to make the men quite down. The men finished explaining their thoughts to the other men near them. Soon, a hush resonated throughout the room. Maxon paused before continuing. "We have called this meeting to discuss the recent law. From what I've seen, everything has been going great. The people, in response to the new law have shown no resistance-- which isn't a surprise. No new rebel attacks have started. "

I scanned my eyes around the room. I saw the female politician, Marie Ash, looking up at me. I tilted my head to the side, and she mimicked me. Huh. She picked her hand up, and flickered her fingers at me. I nodded to her. She had never done this before. It's like she wanted my attention. I'd have to ask Maxon about her--

The door into the conference library slammed open. Lord Dray briskly walked in, his chin down, mumbling to himself. From what I could see on my perch above, he was using a handkerchief to wipe down the front of his suit. Something red was poking from beneath. Surely not blood.

He pulled out his chair and sat down, sliding his handkerchief in his breast pocket. "Continue," he said in a hushed tone. "Water!" He yelled to the servants in the room. Instantly, a teenager arrived with a pitcher of water. He quickly poured it into Dray's cup, before leaving.

  "Lord Dray, how kind of you to join us," Maxon said with false kindness. "Lord Vam. How was the council meeting?" Vam answered. Maxon asked questions to each Lord, asking them about something they did the past week on the business days. It all went tumbling when Maxon came to Dray, asking him about the new law. "How is it, at your house? How are the citizens reacting to the new law?"

"It's been going terrible," Dray growled. Maxon was taken aback.

"Well here it has been just fine--"

"Oh really?" Dray interrupted. From my spot above the library, I could see Dray, anger making his face turn red, the color clawing up his neck and to his face, causing him to tremble with anger. The red of his embarrassment mirrored the red on his suit jacket.

"Lord Dray. May I ask you to calm down?" Maxon tilted his head to the side and stared him down. "What happened?"

"What happened? WHAT HAPPENED?" He shook his head, gripping his hands at his sides as he stood up. "I'll tell you what happened!" He spit.

Maxon cocked an eyebrow. "What happened?" He repeated.

"Well, I was getting out of my mansion this morning," that's Dray for you, the old git bragging about his mansion. "When I see my servants furiously scrubbing my ride. I ordered them to stop, and walked around the side of the car. And what do you know?" He rumbled. "On the side, dripping down the car doors was tomato juice with squished tomatoes lying on the dirt of my driveway. In white paint, graffiti said 'You rich, spoiled, old man!'" His face had calmed down, but now it was turning red again. "It's those blasted rebels again!"

Maxon shook his head. "We did what they asked."

Lord Vam raised his hand in permission to speak. Maxon granted it. Vam was still my favorite because he saw two sides to everything and usually had a fair judgment. "Lord Dray... Are you positive the servants just don't like you?" Maxon, the other advisors, and lords chuckled.