|10|

I figured since I just finished Chapter 14, I'd post this one. Enjoy!

Introducing the W.E.O

A pair of heels clacked against the tile floors.

Earrings dangled against a set of cheekbones.

A pin with a golden crown on it beated against a chest.

Suddenly, the clacking of heels stopped. The heel turned and a small, pale hand showed itself from behind a black sleeve, knocking against a closed door, three times precisely. The women was wearing a black jumpsuit, wrapped around her small waist and belly, her hair in a flawless bun. The dangled earrings were conspicuous in comparison to her skin, the dark black jewelry contrasting with her pale face.

This mysterious women turned the door knob and swiftly closed the door behind her. Phoebe examined this with awe. The women had just walked past her, without a glance in her direction, totally focused on the task ahead of her.

I can't believe I've been recruited here! She thought, after seeing this totally cool girl look all business-like. Phoebe was walking to a conference room, where she'd meet her co-worker, who would show her around the building and compound, introducing her to those she needed to know and showing her the places where she'd spend the most time in.

She wrung her hands in front of her thighs and pulled at the long sleeve shirt she was wearing. It was a blue color with a red rose design on the front. Now that she had seen what the women was wearing, she felt embarrassed at her choice of clothing. Her bland jeans and new converse seemed pathetic. Hopefully she'd get a major costume change here. A makeover would be nice too.

Phoebe remembered the directions to the room relatively well, and when she found the door that matched the description (it had office written in gold in the middle), she took a deep breath. She knocked three times, mimicking the other women, and opened the door before she could reconsider. And before she could throw up all of her nerves.

A women, about 30, sat at a conference desk, her feet barefoot. One foot was resting on the handle of her chair, while the other was on the seat cushion. She flicked her eyes up, and smiled. Phoebe could have sworn she saw the women blush as she straightened and smoothed her business suit.

"Sorry. You caught me off guard," she admitted. She reached below the table and pulled on some black pumps onto her feet. She strided over and shook Phoebe's hand, smiling in the process.

"Are you my co-worker?" Phoebe asked.

"Me?" The women laughed. "Oh no, I'm the creator of the group. Gloria," she nodded her head towards Phoebe. "And your name is?"

"Oh, Phoebe." She managed a shy smile.

"Well, Phoebe, your co-worker will be here soon. You'll get a free tour soon, and with that you'll also get some free clothing, jewelry, and other trinkets." She winked. Phoebe smiled at the mention of free clothing. Hopefully it would be nearly as classy as the women she just saw.

As she moved from one foot to the other, in awkwardness, the door opened and another girl strided in. When she was close enough, she linked her arm with Phoebe and nodded towards Gloria. "Hi, I'm your co-worker. Let's take you on a tour." She pulled the newcomer along, barely giving her time to say goodbye to Gloria. It was like this girl was on a strict schedule, she had everything planned out to the minute, glancing at her watch every 20 seconds.

"My name is Julia, I'm a warrior here. Well, to be honest, a warrior apprentice. But I still get access to weaponry and clothing and stuff." She spared a glance at Phoebe, winking when Phoebe grinned. Before she could ask, Julia confirmed Phoebe's thoughts. "Yes, it is as awesome as it sounds."