Synopsis

35 girls. 1 crown.

The competition of a lifetime. Only 6 remain.

Only 1 can win.

1 prince and 1 Five become 1 king and 1 queen.

The Castes are gone. Thrown out the window to please the people. But that isn't what the subjects want, and Maxon and America are having trouble figuring out what exactly is going on.

America is frustrated, as a Five all she wanted was freedom of marriage. Maxon is devastated that his first act as King is going so badly. The royals are looking for a key to unlock the mystery of their peoples unhappiness. Little do they know that if looked at as an advantage and treated correctly, the answer can be right under their noses.

*Most characters belong to Kiera Cass. Takes place after The Selection, Elite, and One. Set-up to The Heir, but only takes place a few days after the wedding.* PG-13

*This by no means shows how I will write the rest of the story, so please do not take this as your final opinion.*

"That leads me to my final question: what do the rebels want?" Maxon slammed his head on his desk in despair and frustration.

"Sir, I think they want attention-" A politician suggested, looking around at his peers for approval. Maxon thrusted his head up, his hair falling into his eyes, and glared at the man.

"Well, don't you think they've already got it!" Maxon yelled, even more frustrated, in return. His cheeks were red with anger and his fists were shaking. A vein appeared on the side of his neck.

"Maxon, calm down--" I tried to comfort him.

"No! I cannot! My people are in danger by their own kind, I need to figure out what these Rebels want!"

My mind reeled. Maxon was never this mad, he'd never dream of screaming at someone. I was afraid the vein in his neck would pop. I sighed and grabbed his shoulders. His eyes sent bolts through my body and I froze before continuing.  "Maxon. Think. Perhaps the answer is right under our noses?"

*Most characters belong to Kiera Cass. Takes place after The Selection, Elite, and One. "Set-up" to The Heir, but only takes place a few days after the wedding.

The cover is not drawn by me.* PG-13