|7|

One Eventful Day

Maxon grabbed my hand as we walked around the garden, just after the clock striked 12. The beautiful garden was constantly being taken care of, and as Maxon and I made our way around the multiple statues and figurines, I couldn't find a single leaf out of place or not trimmed.

The weather outside also helped make the place look more gorgeous. And it especially made the man right next to me look more handsome.

Maxon was wearing a white, kind of see-through shirt, with white shorts that matched the color of the shirt. His right hand was tucked into his pocket while his left hand was in mine. Evert time I looked over at him, to see how his hair caught the light, or his eyes shining in reflection of the sun, I caught him staring at me. He looked down at me, trying to not make it obvious, yet it really was.

"What?" I asked at some point.

"Nothing." An amused expression glossed over his face.

I cocked an eyebrow at him while we sat down on a near bench. I laid my head on his shoulder, and thought about our second day of the honeymoon. So far, the days... haven't been that eventful. It's not like I didn't like it! No. I just... I don't know. We talked, yes, but our conversations weren't as open as they used to be. I guess it was just that we didn't see each other during the day, and by the time we made it to each other for dinner, we had a lot to talk about then.

"You know, America." I looked up at him. "This, no offense, isn't really my idea of a honeymoon."

"Mine either," I admitted. I also had to admit that it took real strength for someone to admit that, especially Maxon. "Hmph. Oh! I know!" I grinned.

"What?" He grinned as well.

"Let's go to the library!" At that his face fell, and I placed my hand on his chin. "No, let's play a game there!"

Maxon casted his eyes down in disappointment at my idea. I placed my other palm on his cheek and pulled him close. I closed my eyes just as our lips touched. Usually, in the movies I'd seen, kisses in the garden were soft and cute, just like the hedges and plants. They tended to be first kisses, where the two were timid and not sure where their relationship was going.

This was no first kiss. His mouth was fully on mine, my lips bursting with pleasure and passion. His hands grabbed frantically at my waist as I ran my fingers through the length of his hair. His tongue, brushing over my lip, slipped in between my mouth and sizzled against my own. My back, before I knew it, was on the bench and he was sitting above me. Our necks and heads moved in sync to an untapped beat.

Once we finally pulled away from our heated make out session, Maxon panted over me, his breath blowing my hair back.

"To the library?" he asked.

=======    

We entered the library, Maxon pulling my arm into the room. "So, what's the game?"

"Find multiple books in here that spell our name." I looked at Maxon.

"But your name is America! That's so many letters!"

"Exactly." I smiled wickedly. "You get to spell my name and I spell yours."

"Nooo," he groaned.

"Yesssss," I replied. "Let's start." I went to the first shelf on the right, and found a whole contemporary and fantasy section of the early 2000's. I found "Miss Mayhem" for M. "Anti-goddess" for A.

"Actually I think yours is harder... X!" Maxon yelled.

"Nooo!" I yelled. "I'll skip that one for now." I found "Obsidian" for O, and "A Night Divided" for N. Now X--