viii

XIUMIN'S POV

I slowly fluttered my eyes. I remained still as I felt Jongdae's warmth all over me. He's still asleep. Sleeping lightly like an infant. I couldn't resist to cuddle him more. I reached out for his cheek and caressed it with my thumb, which made him flinch. He groaned as he opened his eyes, meeting with mine and a smile crept on his face.

"Good morning, hyung."

I flicked his forehead lightly as I let out a chuckle.

"It's only 9pm." I said and pointed at his wall clock. Jongdae looked at the other bed and saw Suho already asleep.

My stomach growled, begging for food.

"Hey," I whispered. "Wanna eat?" I grinned.

He grinned back, "Sounds good."

"Is street food fine with you?" I asked. I'm craving for street food right this moment. Tteokbokki will be great for tonight.

"Totally"

We walked through the surprisingly, quiet sidewalk in Gangnam. Usually, even this late, people are scattered around. But this night, its as if we're the only people left in the world.

"You fine?" I asked Jongdae, noticing him shiver from time to time.

"Cold bro!" He winced.

I removed my jacket and placed it on his shoulder.

"Yah, hyung! How about you!?"

I just shrugged my shoulder, "I'm fine."

"Aish, don't be so hard-headed, here." He was about to remove it when I stopped him.

"You're my namdongsaeng."

"So?"

"You're younger."

"So?"

"You're not allowed to catch colds." I shrugged.

"Mwo!? You're the one who's older, you're the one who needs to be careful!" Jongdae said while laughing. He was hyper. He's so cute.

Jongdae would laugh from time to time and he never let go of his wide smile plastered on his face. It was so wide that it could tear his cheeks apart.

"You're cute, hyungi, ya'know." He said.

"Thanks, and you, look like a dog." I said with a smug smile.

He playfully hit me on my arms. We ate quietly. And right after eating, we sat on the bench.

"It's a beautiful night." He muttered.

"We're looking for something dumb to do." I added.

Jongdae looked at me with a confused look.

"Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you." I sang and laughed.

"Yah. Funny, hyung." He rolled his eyes.

We remained silent after. The wind slowly drifting to us with a cold atmosphere.

"Jongdae..." I called him.

He hummed quietly as he remained his eyes close.

"What's your problem? Are you okay?" I asked.

"Ah.. hyung." He sighed.

"I'm sorry for being so mean to you these past few days. I-I... didn't mean to. I got rid of my emotions. I was frustrated. Remember how my family can get so strict? Well, they threatened me one day that if the xiuchen won't stop, they'd be the one to march me out from exo. Because way back when I was  still in elementary and high school, almost everyone bullied me for accusing me a gay. They'd make fun of me everytime. Since that happen, no one had the guts to befriend me. When my parents knew, they were ashamed of me. They didn't even take my side and defended me. They despise me. They even told me I ruined my family's name. Every fucking time I would defend myself, no one would believe me. Not even one, dared to lend me an ear." He sighed.

I wiped his tears that never stopped from streaming down his cheeks.

"You have me. You have us. As long as you embrace yourself whole-heartedly, you'll never lose a friend. You'll never lose our side." I smiled at him and hugged him.

"Thank you, hyung. For believing me that I'm not gay." Jongdae sighed.

My heart wrenched. My poor Jongdae. I'd protect you no matter what happens. I sighed. This made me frustrated even more.

"I love you, hyung. You know that. Thank you."

"Yeah, I love you too."

But more than just a friend, Jongdae.

- - -  -  - -  -  -  -  - x
an: ////sOBS;;