Prologue

"Try to KETCHUP with me, Papyrus!" My skeleton friend, Sans smiled.

"YOU THINK YOU CAN WIN THIS RACE AGAINST THE GREAT PAPYRUS?! EVERYONE KNOWS THAT I AM THE GREATEST RACER AROUND, BIG BROTHER!" My other skeleton friend, Papyrus shouted.

The sky was blue, birds were chirping, it was a perfect day to be out on the surface. Peace and prosperity had finally been restored to the undergrounds.

Long ago, two races ruled over Earth: Humans and Monsters. One day, war broke out between the two races. After a long battle, the humans emerged triumphant over their victory. They sealed the monsters underground with a magic seal.

"If you don't win this one, Papyrus then you're dead!" Undyne said urgently.

Undyne was a tough cookie with a strong heart. I would usually think that she had a really close relationship with Papyrus. The one person I was really surprised she had a relationship with was Alphys.

Papyrus sweat dropped and said awkwardly, "I'LL BE SURE TO KEEP THAT IN MIND."

"If my calculations are correct, it's technically impossible for Sans to win this one. Wearing slippers will riding a bike hasn't really been attempted before. At least...not in the undergrounds it hasn't..."said Alphys.

Alphys was a scientist. She's made some pretty bad choices down the road in the past, but I've decided to forgive her after all of that. Everyone deserves a second chance. Even after their plan which kind of led to massive destruction and the plan that made me deal with monsters trying to kill me everywhere I go.

"And how about I make some butterscotch cinnamon pie for whoever wins, hmm?" Toriel asked.

Toriel is my adopted mom. She became my new mom when I lost all of my hope of ever getting out of the undergrounds. I didn't think I'd survive the undergrounds without her. I guess you could call her my 'goat mom'.

"THAT PIE WILL BE MINE!" Papyrus shouted. "MARK MY WORDS! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS WILL WIN THIS RACE, DEAR BROTHER!"

Toriel giggled."I can tell someone's a bit competitive!"

"Oh really, Paps? Don't make me use my special attack!" Sans said with a giggle.

"AND WHAT IS THIS 'SPECIAL ATTACK YOU SPEAK OF?"

Sans created a giant blue ball of light and flicked it back to hit the red vehicle. Papyrus's car started to slow down. Two of his tires stopped rolling as well.

"Hey, what's going on, Papyrus?" Undyne asked.

"I DON'T KNOW! SANS, THAT'S CHEATING!" Papyrus shouted.

Sans is my 'dunk' or...maybe my new brother...I don't know. He's Papyrus's brother if you haven't figured that out already. He's pretty much a lazy bones (at least that's what Papyrus usually says). He's very loyal and we'll always be rooting for you. I think he may be on the 'off' ' side a little, but when you try to push that creepy side away, you'll see a true friend.

If you don't really get along with the guy, and you do something that ticks him off...let's just say...

You're gonna have a bad time...

"You can do it, Sans." I said with a warm smile.

Knowing that we both were going to win this race somehow just filled me with determination.

"Thanks for rooting for me, kiddo! I appreciate it!" Sans beamed.

A thought crossed my mind that I just had to ask Sans. If I told him this, I'd probably feel embarrassed.

"Hey, Sans?" I asked as I ran my fingers through my short, brown hair.

"Yeah kiddo?"

"Do you think you could...I don't know....Never mind, it's too embarrassing.

"You can ask me anything, kiddo! I promise I won't laugh...well...maybe."

"Okay..." I said as I played with my fingers sheepishly. "When we get back hone, do you think that you and Papyrus could teach me how to ride a bike?"

Sans had a grin on his skeleton face, his eyebrow risen up as well."Are you serious, Frisk?"

Sans doesn't call me by my real name. No one does. The only time when he does is when he thinks something is super hilarious, or he's ticked off.

Super hilarious it is...

"What?! No one ever taught me how to do it!" I said in a high pitched voice.

Back on the surface, I didn't really live the most normal family life you could imagine. My mom is extremely ill and would take a miracle to cure her. She was the one who cares about me the most. My step dad, on the other hand...almost committed suicide one day...

My step dad didn't really pay attention to me much. He was only focused on my mom. Sometimes, I wonder if he tried to commit suicide because he didn't want anything to deal with me anymore. Maybe he just lost all hope and believed that my mom wouldn't make it. Maybe he just wasn't determined enough to keep holding on...

"Sure, kiddo! Why didn't you say anything before? I would've done it. I'll be sure to keep that in mind when we get back home." Sans said.

As Papyrus and Sans rode their vehicles, the other cars on the streets were looking at us, shooting weird looks. I definitely know the answer to that reason. Isn't it obvious?

Sans won the race. Papyrus arrived a few minutes afterwards. Papyrus stepped out of the car infuriated.

"SANS! WHY WERE MY TIRES NOT MOVING AS FAST AS THEY SHOULD BE? YOU DID THIS, DIDN'T YOU?"

Sans shrugged and had the most innocent looking puppy face I ever saw. "I don't know, Papyrus. You don't have any proof that I did it. Maybe it's because they were just two-tired."

Papyrus's eyes were wide as he shot Sans a frown. He hates it when Sans does bad jokes.

That joke was pretty lame...so why do I feel like laughing?

"Papyrus, dear? I think you may have a problem!" Toriel said eyeing one of the bars on the vehicle.

Papyrus walked over to where Toriel was standing and saw that the bar was on empty.

Papyrus was shocked. "EGAD! ...WHAT DOES THE 'E' STAND FOR? DOES IT MEAN END?"

"Papyrus...how long have you had this car?" I asked.

"QUITE A WHILE, HUMAN! WHY?"

"The car's empty, Paps." Sans said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"YOU'RE PAYING FOR THIS!"

Papyrus kicked the car. The red vehicle was on full again. It's tires were fully prepared, the engines were roaring, and the car took off the opposite direction with blue flames of San's magic following it.

"Well that escalated quickly."said Undyne.

"OH MY GOD NO! COME BACK!" Papyrus shouted running after his precious car.

"Papyrus, wait for us!" I shouted running after him.

And this is where our story begins
......
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey everybody! My first chapter of Undertale has finally been finished. Yeah, I'm practically Undertale trash now. XD!I can't believe I actually managed to write 1000 words in an Undertale book.

For those of you who were wondering when the timeline is set, this chapter is set in the past. The story will be changing timelines in a few parts of the story.

Let me know in the comments section what you guys thought about the story so far. Remember to read, vote, comment, enjoy, and stay determined!
~Princess