Flashbang

The grips on the boots attached, the board rocketing forward and up. I almost lost my balance, leaning forward to counter the force. My left knee buckled and fell, causing me to shift sideways. I leaned back, the board slowing to a halt high above the house. I gazed down in awe.

"Holy shit!" Mitch shouted up to me, allowing a nervous grin to spread across my face.

Seemed as if I was alright. I slowly stood, the board tilting side to side with the weight shift. This thing was more over-powered than what I'd expected. I tilted the nose downward, slowly drifting back down to the ground. As soon as I landed, I hopped off my board, the jets turning off.

"Dude, I wanna try that!" y/n said, bouncing around like a little kid.

"Eeeh. My feet are bigger than yours. Sorry." I replied, holding up my boot.

She whined, giving an adorable puppy face. I resisted, a crash sounding from out front.

"What the Notch was that?" Mitch asked, running out into the front yard.

Y/n and I exchanged glances and took off after him.

Mitch POV

A large, charred crater had formed in front of the house, black, billowing smoke rising from it. Inside lay a body. The clothes were intact, but flames licked at the surface. I jumped down into the hole, picking up the body and tossing it up and out of the crater. I followed, hoisting myself out.

"Ugh..." I dusted off some ash that had fallen on my jacket.

Adam and y/n finally arrive up front, y/n panting with exhaustion. I gave her a look.

"Don't... ask..." she breathed, kneeling down a little.

"Not going to." I nodded towards the body, "Any idea who this is, Adam?" I asked.

He bent down for a good look, inspecting the face and clothing. After a few seconds, the body's hand jerked up and clasped onto Adam's throat.

"Adam!" I shouted in alarm, running over and attempting to pry it off. It released easily. I then glanced down at the body, the eyes were open, and they were glaring at me.

"Who are you and what right do you have to assault me!?" Adam exclaimed, rubbing his throat.

The eyes were unmoved, glaring at each one of us like prey. I finally kicked its side, "Oi. He asked you a question. Answer it."

The body sat up and flipped onto its feet, the face shrouded in a whiteish cloth that was stained with charcoal and dirt. The jeans and shirt were also white but stained, the jacket black with blue lines.

"My name is not of your concern, Mitchell." he stated, his voice clearly masculine. "I am here from Herobrine..."

"Hero?" Y/n piped up, having been hidden behind Adam.

The dude nodded, "He wishes to see you."

Y/n stepped forward, "I need to know your name first, jackass."

His eyes widened in surprise at her words, "Flashbang." he replied, adjusting his jacket.

"Good, now bring Hero here. I'm not going with you." she stated, walking back inside.

Adam and I watched her go, our jaws dropped at her attitude.

"As you wish, y/n." Flashbang replied, taking off down the street.

"What the hell just happened?" Adam asked.

"I have no idea..."