I Am Nothing...

I had been lying in my room for days now... nothing to eat or drink. I was trying to drench the monster inside me, the monster that I'd been so long ago. Already, I was glitching out. Everything was ruined until I was rid of the beast. Y/n was but a girl, too young to die. I didn't want to hurt her, so I stayed in the Nether. Kept to myself, kept her from danger.

One of my guards had come into my room, checking on me. I wasn't even able to move to look.

"Sir?" he asked, brandishing golden armor and a gold sword at his hip.

"Yes...?" I was weak, but I could still talk quite well.

"Are you- alright? You haven't eaten in three days..." he sounded worried, must be my right hand.

"It's coming back... I don't want y/n to be hurt by it." I replied, staring at the ceiling.

He nodded, "I'll leave you to it, then." and he left.

I sighed, everything was gone from my grasp now. Y/n, my own world, myself, and my mind. My control. My hand twitched, zeros and ones forming and disappearing over my fingers. Glitching again. I hated glitching. Sometimes it was painful, other times, you felt nothing but numbness. This time was painful.

My whole body tensed up, my muscles twitching. Pieces of my skin disappeared and reformed again, leaving blocked, bloody patches. Almost instantly, it healed. Bones snapped in and out of place, skin tore and reformed, and muscles broke and reattached to the bone. Everything hurt too much to move, only to scream. I let lose a loud, lengthened cry of agony, digging my fingers into the bloodied sheets.

Soon, however, it faded. It left me panting and twitching, but I dare not glance at the blood. My sheets and clothes were soaked with pitch black blood from each glitching episode. I relaxed the best I could, a line of blood forming across my bottom lip. Ache settled in slowly afterwords. And as I laid there thinking, something scratched at the back of my mind. I closed my eyes, it wanted out.

I tore my mind away from it, trying to block its entry into my limbs. It clawed harder, digging into my consciousness and through to reality. I gritted my teeth, I didn't want to go on another slaughter spree. With another yank, it was gone. Good, I needed a break from all that. I relaxed a little more, settling down enough so I sank a little into my sheets. Soon, my eyes closed again and I fell into a blissful darkness.

---

All I wanted was revenge. Revenge on Notch for what he'd done to me. I raised my sword high, his pitiless body guarding from below me. He was helpless. I smiled, this was perfect. I tensed to strike, only to feel a sharp pain in the back of my head. My vision slowly faded into black and the ground rushed up to meet me...

---

I woke the next day back in the deadened grass ditch that'd I'd lain in forever. I'd been reset, again. My head hurt so bad, though. I felt the back of it, a large lump from the butt of a sword laced below my shaggy brown hair. I winced, it was still quite tender.

That was when I heard y/n's voice. She was crying.

"How could Hero do that to someone?? He's not like that, Notch!" I heard her yelling through her phone at him.

My mood instantly turned sullen. She knew, and it was all my fault.