Awoken

Hero POV

I was alone when I woke, unable to move, unable to see. All I could do was hear and smell. But, I heard nothing at first. Everything was a blank canvas, it seemed; untouched by man or machine. Where was I? I didn't remember much... Some man... some girl... Wait... I knew her name. Her name was... was... Her name was y/n! But... she was long gone, wasn't she? I'd never see her again.

My whole body twitched, pain of not moving shooting through me. I arched my back with a shriek of agony. Everything hurt so much! How long had I been unconscious? With another, more muffled scream, I sat up, everything popping into place.

"Gah!" my eyes opened wide, I could see. Good.

With another series of cracks and pops, I stood. Man, I'd been here a while. I glanced back at where I'd lain, the grass dead and flattened in the shape of my body. Indents on my skin shown that I'd lain flat for quite some time. Heck, even a few flowers had grown up around me.

I looked around to gain understanding of where I was. A familiar alcove across the valley told me I was in y/n's world that she'd created for the two of us. But it looked abandoned. I quickly bolted over, her house was gone. Everything we had built was gone. I ran toward where the house was, getting knocked back by an invisible force field.

"OOF!" I'd landed upside down against a tree, my legs in the branches. "Well, this is going to be fun..." I flipped upright, dusting off. I gently pressed up against the barrier, a ripple reverberating off the surface like water. Well then... I tapped it, same thing.

"Hm..." I got an idea, stepping back a few feet. I rose up my guard and swung a hard right hook. ... Bad idea.

My fist bounced back and hit my gut, making me bend over.

"Ugh... Well alright then... ow... So it's the hard way then..." I slowly stood straight, my gut still pain-ridden.

---

Your POV

It was another boring day at Adam's house; Mason with Alesa sleeping, Adam at work. You stuck at home playing Minecraft. Everything on Minecraft seemed so dull now that Hero was gone. It would've been the third month tomorrow since He's been out of your life.

You decided it was the last. With a struggling hand, you opened up your world with the same house Hero had watched and helped you build. Something was odd about it. Nothing past the gardens was ever explored. Wondering what all was there, you grabbed a map from a chest and started off for the hill nearby.

Hero's POV

I finally saw her. She'd spawned in! I smiled largely and went up to her. She ran right past me, looking down at a map. I rolled my eyes with a smile and spun her character around. I heard a squeal from the other side of the screen.

"Hero! OMG where have you been!!" I heard y/n starting to tear up. I popped my head out of her screen.

"I honestly have no idea..." I answered, her hugging my neck awkwardly. I chuckled. "Here."

I pulled myself from her laptop screen, her arms attacking me with a bear hug. She buried her face into my teal shirt, clearly excited and crying. I laid across her bed, her laying on top of me. I wrapped my arms around her, rubbing her back a little with my thumb.

"I missed you so much..." she whimpered, her face still in my shirt.

"I missed you too, y/n..."