Chapter 27

Andi

"Hey," Leo said, when I opened the front door.

I smiled. "Hi."

"Everything okay?" He asked.

I nodded and motioned for him to come in.

"You were never a very good liar, Ands," he said with a smile. "You miss him."

I shook my head in denial. "No... It's just..."

"What are you really afraid of?" He asked.

"Of everything."

"You're afraid of yourself."

I frowned. "You're afraid of how you feel for Ethan."

"Leo..."

"It's okay. I've always known I had no chance. You love him, and you're loyal to a fault. No matter what happened, you gave your heart to him five years ago, and you never really got it back."

"Be happy, Ands. Whether that's with him or not, only you know. But I think we both know that despite of everything, your happiness still lies with Ethan. You just have to stop denying it, and be brave enough to take a chance again."

"What if he leaves me again? I don't think I'll survive it a second time."

"He won't leave you," he said confidently.

"How can you be so sure?" I asked.

"Because he already knows what life is like without you, and now that he has experienced what life is like with you again, he won't be stupid enough to let you go again," he said then he snickered. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but he loves you, Ands. He made a huge mistake, but one look at him, no one will doubt how much he loves you and Faith. He has his heart in his hands, every time he looks at the two of you."

"You sound so sure."

"Because that's how I look at you," he admitted.

My lips parted in a soft gasp.

"Leo, I'm sorry," I whispered, as tears filled my eyes.

His eyes softened and he wrapped me in his arms. "Silly girl. Why are you apologizing?"

"Because I hurt you before when I turned my back on the band. When I... When Ethan and I..."

"Shh... You didn't know. And even if you had, I know you only saw me as a friend. That's good enough for me. Just having you in my life is enough to make me happy."

I smiled.

"But you know what will make me happier?"

I shook my head, as we pulled apart.

"Is when you stop hiding behind your pain and fear, and start fighting for your happiness. You've spent far too long in the dark. It's time to let the light in."

Ethan

"Hey," Liv said, as she sat next to me.

I smiled and kissed her on the cheek. "Hey."

"How are you feeling?" She asked.