Chapter 24

Ethan and Andi's POV

"You're what?" I asked incredulously, not sure I heard Andi correctly.

"I said I'm meeting up with Leo," she said again.

"Wow... You move fast," I said.

I frowned at his words.

"We're meeting up to talk," I explained.

He snorted. "It's a date. He's buying you dinner."

"We're friends."

"It's still a date!" He argued.

I rolled my eyes. "It's not a date, Ethan," I protested. "We're meeting up for dinner to talk."

"Yeah," he agreed. "To talk about his fucking feelings for you," he said with irritation.

I huffed and crossed my arms across my chest.

"I don't like it!"

"You're agreed to let me..."

"I know!" He snapped. "But fuck!" He exclaimed as he scrubbed his face with his hands.

"He's coming to pick me up and..."

"Fuck!" He cursed again.

"Stop that!" I hissed.

"Jesus, I may have agreed, but I still don't like this, Andrea. I don't like the fact that, that fucker is sniffing around you!"

I glared at him. "He's name is Leo, and he was the one who took care of me when I almost died and when I gave birth to Faith!" I snapped.

Ethan's face paled at the mentioI'm n of my near-death experience and labour. Then I realized he doesn't know how I almost died.

"What are you talking about? Near-death?"

"It was just a figure of speech," I lied.

He looked at me for a moment, and I could see the guilt and the pain in his eyes.

"He's a good man, Ethan!" I said, trying to change the subject and ignoring the look of hurt on Ethan's face.

"That's even worse. I'd rather he be some fucking asshole trying to get in your pants, because then you'll be repulsed and want nothing to do with him; but as you clearly stated. He's a good man. He was there for you when I abandoned you, and he was there for you and Faith," he said in a hurt voice. "You two have a good night, Andrea," he said before walking away.

I frowned.

I hate that I hurt him. And I hate that he called me Andrea!

"You're not being fair!" I said.

Ethan whirled around. "Excuse me?" He asked, fire burning in his eyes.

"I thought you understand what I'm going through?" I asked. "Now you're trying to make me feel guilty for wanting to sort through my feelings. Can't you understand that I'm just trying to find a way to get rid of the pain I feel inside?"

"No. What you're doing is escaping. Just like what I did."

"I'm not trying to escape anything..."

"I'd think long and hard about what you're doing, Ands. Because what I did... My escape led me to ruining and losing the best thing that's ever happened to me... The only woman I have ever loved. I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to you."

Was he right?

Was the girls right?

Am I throwing the chance to be happy again?