Prologue

7 months ago...

Ethan

As I'm looking around the room, envy cursed through out my body. My two older brother's are now happily married with kids. Even our closest friends are married with kids, as well. And here I am. The lone wolf. No wife. No kids. Although it's not the end of the world, I'm only twenty five, for god's sake. But still, I can't help but feel the emptiness inside.

I'm not manwhore everyone thinks I am. All the women they see me with on the tabloids and the magazines, they're just for show. Truth is, I haven't been with anyone for over four years.

Last time I was with anyone was with, Andi. The woman I loved and lost.

It's been over four years ago, when I met the love of my life... My boom, as my father used to say.

My father was right. When you meet the one for you, it just hits you... like boom. One minute you're alone minding your own world, happily single, then the next thing you know, you're in love.

I was young, stupid, arrogant, and full of big plans. I just took over the Construction Development business of the family, and I had a lot to prove then. I sacrificed my happiness and the person I loved just to prove to everyone that Henderson Development is in good hands.

I left the woman I love and broke her heart, simple because I was a coward. And now here I am, over four years later. Henderson Development is still the number one construction development in LA, and is well-known all over the world, and yet my life still feels empty.

Nothing can compare to the happiness I felt during the time Andi and I were together; but I lost her. I lost her because I was a fool.

If I could turn back time, I'd do things differently.

I wouldn't have left Andi the way I did. I would ask her to come back and stay in LA with me...

But it's too late now...

Andi

"Mommy, can I have san'ich?" My three year and a half year old daughter, Faith asked me.

I smiled. "Do you want peanut butter jelly?" I asked.

She bobbed her head up and down as she clapped her hands. "Yes, please, mommy."

"Okay. Why don't you sit at the table. You want milk too, sweet face?"

"Yes, mommy."

I was about to make Faith's sandwich when the doorbell rang.

I frowned.

Who could be knocking on the door this early?

I poured some milk for Faith first, before checking to see who's at the door.

"You can have your milk first baby, while I go and see who's at the door," I said, and placed her milk in front of her.

I walked towards the door and looked through the peephole.

Oh my god.

I quickly opened the door.

"Ally? Oh my god. Is that really you?" I asked in shock.

"It's me, Andi," she said with a big smile.

We immediately hugged each other.

Ally is my cousin, who I haven't seen in almost ten years. Her mom and my mom are sisters. The last time we saw each other is when her mom passed away, when she was fifteen years old and I was just ten.