Chapter 2

Andi

"Hey. Don't be nervous," Ally squeezed my hand in comfort, as we walked inside the venue.

I smiled. "I feel really awkward. I'm not used to all this... glamour," I said with unease.

"You're going to be fine. Besides, it's for a good cause."

"I know, but still. Everyone here is rich and famous and I'm just..."

"A beautiful woman, who's here to enjoy an evening with her family and meet people," Adam interjected.

I chuckled.

"Adam's right, Dre. Besides. There's a few people here in the music scene, and maybe..."

"Ally, we've talked about this. That scene is not for me anymore. In happy at L'Amore. Music was a part of my past and not my future."

"You loved to sing. You loved performing..."

"Things change. People change. I haven't even played the guitar or the piano in 5 years; nor have I sung. Who says I'm still any good?"

"You don't just forget how to sing, Dre. It's like riding a bike. You never forget how to."

I looked at her, pleaded her with my eyes to drop the subject.

"Fine," she grumbled. "But you have to promise to sing at the fundraiser I'm holding for kids," she said.

"What?" I said in astonishment.

Adam chuckled at my reaction. I scowled at him, but it only caused him to laugh.

"I promise not to bug you about trying to get into the music business, if you promise to always perform at my fundraisers."

"That's blackmail," I protested.

She batted her eye lashes at me.

"Don't you bat those lashes at me, woman!"

She giggled in return.

"Give in Andi, you know she won't stop pestering you," Adam interjected with a chuckle.

"Hey!" Ally slapped him playfully on his arm before turning back to me with puppy dog eyes.

"Yeah, that's not going to work on me, Allyson."

"Think of those poor children who need money to be able to go to school. Think of those children who requires medical support? You wouldn't want to let them down, do you?"

I let out a breathy laugh. "Wow. You're really going to use those children to get me to agree? That's low, Ally," I narrowed my eyes at her playfully.

"You better say yes now, Andi before she pulls out the big guns."

I chuckled. "I planned to say yes, anyways," I winked at him. "I just wanted Ally to grovel a little bit," I joked.

She stuck her tongue out at us.

Adam and I chuckled.

"Let's go to our table. The program will start soon" Adam said as he led us to our table.

When we arrived at our table, a couple was already sitting, with their backs to us.

"Looks like, Luke and Olivia's here," Adam said.

"Friends of yours?" I asked.

Adam smiled. "Yes. We're both in the hotel business. Olivia and Ally's gotten pretty close though this past year," he said as we approached our table. "Luke and I have also gotten to know each other well, and he's a great guy."