Chapter 16

Andi

"What are you doing here?" I asked Leo in surprise.

"We just finished our European tour. I've got two weeks off. The band we'll be here next week," he explained. "I wanted to come see you and Faith," he said.

"Leo, you remember..."

"Ethan," he finished off. "Of course. It's good to see you," Leo said, as he held out his hand.

Ethan ignored Leo's gesture. "Leo, I don't mean to be rude, but my wife and I have some things to talk about," Ethan said, and I gasped and his rudeness.

"Ethan!"

"Wife?" Leo retorted sarcastically. "That's rich coming from someone who left his wife, pregnant and alone."

"Leo!" I gasped.

"You son of a bitch!" Ethan growled and before I knew it, Ethan punched Leo square in the jaw.

"Ethan, Leo, both of you, stop it!" I demanded, while I push Ethan away from Leo.

They continued going at each other, causing me to bounce back and forth between them.

"I said, stop!" I yelled. "For fuck's sake, stop it or get the hell off of my property!" I screamed.

Suddenly they stopped.

"What? You can't take the truth?" Leo sneered at him.

"Knock it off!" I hissed at him.

Leo reached for me, but Ethan growled at him. "Take your fucking hands off of my wife!"

"I'm not your wife!" I hissed at Ethan.

"You are my wife!" Ethan snapped back. "Tell him to leave, Andrea," he ordered, causing me to boil in anger.

"She doesn't have to make me leave.  I'm leaving. I'll come back another time," Leo said before turning around to leave.

"Leo," I called after him. "Faith will be happy to know you're here," I said, knowing that it would irk Ethan.

It may have been cruel, but Ethan stepped over the line. He had no right to hit Leo, or order me around like one of his employees.

I watched Leo leave before turning around.

I wish I hadn't.

The look on Ethan's eyes squeezed my heart painfully.

I hurt him.

I hurt him with what I said... I should be happy. I should be happy he's hurting, but instead, I feel like I just stabbed my own heart.

"Ethan..." I started to say, but nothing else came out.

He simply looked at me with bleak eyes, before turning around to head inside the house.

I opened my mouth to say something, but still... Nothing came out.

Damn it! Why should I feel guilty. Leo was the one who was there for me. Leo was the one who helped me when he left me!