"Yes, I do."

"Well, then you're going to love this. Get out! Pack your things and leave, NOW!"

"Hunter you don't mean that, you're just upset."

"Yes, I do. I need you to go before I say something I'll regret."

She reaches for my hand, but I pull it away. "Please Hun, calm down. I'll go apologize to Harper right now. Then everything will be fine."

"Don't you dare wake her up to apologize when we both know you won't mean it, just go."

"But I would mean it." She tries reaching for me again and I walk off.

"You know the ONLY reason you're offering to apologize is because of me. It has nothing to do with feeling guilty that you hurt Harper's feelings. You're just searching to find a way to keep me from throwing you out."

"No, no that's not it. I do feel bad I scared Harps. I..."

"Stop it! Stop lying to me." I say with clenched teeth. "I'm only going to ask you one more time. Pack your stuff and leave!!!"

"But I love you." She starts crying. "I'm sorry, I can do better. I promise."

"Leave now!!" I yell as I point to the door.

She recoils at my sudden movement. "But what about us? Will you call me?"

"I don't know about us. I NEED time to think, just go."

"Okay, but please promise me, you won't go running to her?

______________

Liddy's POV

It takes me a moment to remember where I am, sleeping in my living room, when the sound of someone knocking at my door awakens me. I look at the clock on the wall. It's midnight. I wonder who it could it be? Then it hits me. The sound is coming from the door connecting my place to Hunter's. It has to be either him or Renee.

I groan. I don't want to see or speak to either of them. All I want to do is ignore whoever it is, but the beating on the door is growing louder. Considering the time of night and the urgency of the knocking, I get up, throw on a robe and jog to the door at the furthest end of the hallway. I take a moment to brace myself for who I will see on the other side, then I pull the door open. "Hunter?"

"I'm really really sorry to bother you, but do you have a thermometer?"

"Ah yay, in the kitchen."

"Can I borrow it? Mine has a dead battery and Harper feels like she is burning up."

"Of course you can. Just give me a moment to find it." As I hurriedly search through the draw that I know the thermometer is in, I notice Hunter standing in the living room, nervously running his hands through his hair. He looks so lost and worried. All I want to do is walk over, hug him and tell him she'll be fine, but then I'm reminded of what Renee told me earlier. I was just a rebound to him. He never loved me. Those few words stop me from making a fool of myself. "Here it is! Sorry it took me so long to find."

"Oh no, that's fine. I'm just so glad you had one. Otherwise I was going to have to beg you to come over and watch Harper while I drove to the store to buy one."

I'm taken back by his comment. "Wwwhy would you need me? Why couldn't Renee watch her?" I can't believe I just said that out loud!!!

"Because Renee isn't here."

"Oh, I just thought. Never mind... It's none of my business." I'm nervous so I'm rambling. "I hope Harper feels better. Remember, no need to panic unless her fever is over 104 degrees."