Chapter 57

****I HAVE CHANGED THE ENDING TO CHAPTER 56, MADE A PRETTY LARGE MISTAKE AND HAVE SINCED REMOVED IT. IT WAS THE LAST FEW LINES AND THIS CHAPTER WILL CLEAR IT UP. I'M MORTIFIED THAT I MADE THE ERROR AND DIDN'T CATCH IT*****

Adam walked solemnly back into the room, Kim laying on her side her back to him but he knew she was crying.

Daniel approached him, "You alright son?" He hugged him, his hand moving to his cheek.

"No, but I will be" his heartbreaking for Kim knowing he couldn't do anything to help ease her pain.

"Call us if you need anything, we are going to go get the kids from Annie, give them a break" he smiled.

"Kiss them for me" Adam said, "don't mention the baby yet"

Dr.Weatherspoon went to the NICU, "How's the Ruzek baby?" He went through the procedure of becoming sterile before touching the babies.

"He's hanging in, he's doing well"

"Have they visited him yet?"

"No, but both sets of grandparents have been in, plus we have been talking to him a lot" it was sad, "I feel horrible for them"

Adam sat quietly in the chair, Kim having drifted off to sleep, Dr.Weatherspoon knocked on the door, "Can I come in?" He was carrying a large box with him.

"Yes, sure" Adam stood to greet him, "what's that?" He pointed to the box.

Kim slowly opening her eyes, being hit with the realization that the previous day's events had not been an awful nightmare more tears springing to her eyes "Hi Doctor" she said softly as she gingerly sat up in the bed.

"These are just a few things for you guys to remember Wyatt" he opened the box, "we made molds of his hands for you both and both sets of grandparents" he handed Adam the three smaller boxes, "here's his blanket, a volunteer has already monogrammed his name on it for you" the blanket he handed to Kim and she brought it to her face trying to find the scent of her son on it. He pulled four certificates from a envelope, "They aren't ready yet, but we work with a company that makes teddy bears for families that suffer a loss like yours, they make the bear your child's measurements and weight so you'll never forget what he felt like in your arms" he nearly lost it, "They're making one for you and each of your children"

Adam was overwhelmed by the generosity they had encountered during this difficult time, "Thank you so much. These gifts mean the world to us, thank you for all you did for Kim"

"I wish it could have been more" he said softly. "Your little guy is doing well, I just left him in the NICU"

"We haven't seen him yet" Adam embarrassed be the fact, "but we will in a little while" he knew it would be incredibly painful and he wasn't sure he or Kim could handle any more pain.

"The nursing staff is asking about a name, does he have one?"

Kim wiped her eyes, "He does" she had stumbled across the baby naming book she had bought for Adam when Anthony was born, it was shortly after she received the diagnosis. She spent hours scouring the book trying to find perfect names for her boys. She wanted them both to have strong names, ones that would hint at the battle they fought while in the womb. She had gone through various different meanings, but 'Warrior' had stuck with her, never mentioning it to Adam for fear of jinxing her boys health.

Adam smiled, "What is it?" he would never be able to match her strength, the way she fought for the boys everything she had and everything she did was with their well being in mind.

"Just tell me if you don't like it, I will understand"

"I'm sure I will love it"

"Wyatt means warrior," she reminded him, "I think both our boys are warriors, so I wanted their names to reflect that" Adam sat beside her, "Kane, is his name it also means 'warrior'. I gave Wyatt your name as his middle name, because you're my warrior, you always have been" she smiled wistfully at him, "You've always fought for me and our family, Kane's is Phillip, because my brother fought so hard to repair our relationship"