Chapter 40

Everyone had gathered at Kim and Adam's house, everyone on edge.

Bob watched as Hank took a phone call, he stepped outside. Bob followed him, a few paces back.

Hank paced, "nothing at all?" He was at a loss, the truck had been dusted and the only prints on it belonged to Adam and Kim and various other family members, "call me if something turns up"

"That's it Voight?" Bob questioned him, he got in his face, "just call me if something turns up? My boy has put his life on the line for years in your unit and that's all you can do" his voice carrying.

"Aunt Kim, Adam's dad is going after Voight" Trey told his aunt watching the scene unfold from the kitchen window.

"Shit! Kevin!" Kim yelled as she took of running outside, "Bob, let him go" she pulled at his arms.

"Mr.Ruzek, let him go" Kevin finally separated the two men.

Hank adjusted his shirt, "Bob, I'm doing all I can. I love that kid, he's family" he walked off, he hated feeling helpless.

Bob held his arms up, "I'm sorry, alright" he sat down, "we need to find my son and Declan"

"Let him go" Adam pleaded with them, he was tired of watching them beat Declan in front of him, "I'm worth more than he is, please he's just a kid" he had tried to break free of the restraints which only resulted in another beating and them taping his arms again.

"Why should I?" Johnny asked him, "I kind of enjoy watching your reaction every time we hit him, you squirm and your whole face contorts. It's pretty wild" he smirked.

"You're a fucking psycho" Adam spit, "you do realize half the CPD is looking for me, right?"

Johnny laughed, "that's part of the thrill, knowing they could bust down that door any minute. Which is quite the adrenaline rush you know, but alas they won't find us" he explained, "they may find our first location, but not this one"

Declan lifted his head, "it hurts" he mumbled, Johnny hitting him again.

"I swear to god" Adam started to say.

"What are you gonna do?" Johnny got in his face, "empty threats" he whispered, "let's go get some air fellas" he told his men, "sit tight, we will be back" he laughed on his way out.

Adam was able to move his chair closer to Declan, "you okay?" He wished he could touch him, "Declan?"

"I'm okay, I guess" his head dripping blood, "Uncle Adam everything hurts"

Adam checked the restraints on Declan's arms, "you think you can get out of those?" He asked, they weren't nearly as tight as Adam's, "there is a knife on that table, if you can get free and bring me the knife we can try and get out of here"

Declan fought against the restraints and just as Adam expected his arms broke free, "Quick get that knife and cut the tape off my arms, but you gotta move fast"

He raced to the table and grabbed the knife, he started cutting.

"Declan, push it harder" his nephew not using nearly enough pressure.

"I don't want to cut you" Declan told him.

"Don't worry, just cut it"

He had one arm free when they heard the lock being turned, "give me the knife and get back in your chair. When I tell you to get out of here you need to run as fast as you can and don't stop until you're safe"

"What about you?"

Adam shrugged, "I'll be fine, just make sure you tell your Aunt Kim I love her, okay"