Chapter 25

"You're what?" Bob asked, "I swear it sounded like you just said you're pregnant but that's not possible, right?" He was certain he heard her wrong, "say something"

She folded her arms, "Dad you heard right, I'm pregnant. Derek and I are going to get married, and I hope you will  accept Derek, because he isn't going anywhere"

"Honey, after what happened with Kim, I can only be happy about this, sure it's a lot sooner than I would have liked but if you're happy I'm happy" he smiled, "you'll have to give me some time to get used to the idea of you marrying Derek, I will do my best to lighten up on him"

"Thank you daddy, it means the world to me" she smiled, "Amy, I hope you're okay with this too, you are, right?"

"Of course I am, sweetie. I can't wait for another grand baby to spoil"

Kim kept running her hands down her thighs, "this is strange Adam, I know I'm touching my legs but they feel like they belong to someone else" she tried to keep the fear out of her voice.

"Dr.Lee said you'll regain feeling in your legs soon, it's just a matter of time" he told her sitting down beside her.

"Can you bring me a mirror?" She asked, "I need to see how bad my face looks"

"You're beautiful as always" he told her "but if you insist" he grabbed a mirror from the drawer, "here"

She held it in her hands, "my god, Adam"

"Stop, it's not that bad. Once they heal you won't even notice them" he told her, "please don't do worry about the scars" he kissed her, "I almost lost you, the scars are irrelevant" he leaned in kissing her again.

A knock on the door interrupted the kiss, "come in" Adam called out, "Hey Sean, Kara" he stood shaking Sean's hand and giving Kara a hug, "Sean, I never got the chance to thank you for staying with Kim at the scene and riding in the ambo with her"

"No thanks needed Adam, she's my best friend" he kissed her forehead "you scared the shit out of me you know" he smiled softly, "don't ever do that again, got it?"

"I won't" she smiled, wincing in pain as Adam sat on the bed.

"Did I hurt you?" Adam asked her.

"It wasn't you, it's just my whole body aches" she took his hand, "you could never hurt me"

"Maybe we should go Sean, Kim you look exhausted" she smiled "You don't look so hot either Adam"

"We will stop by later in the week, take care of her Ruzek" Sean said as he took Kara's hand in his, "Oh, Dawson pinched the driver earlier today. We got him dead to rights, he's going away"

"Thank you" Adam was relieved, "tell Dawson I said thanks"

"Adam, why don't you go home and get some sleep, you look like shit" she smiled, as she ran her hand over his cheek, "you're in dire need of a shave too"

"I'm not leaving you, I'm fine" he told her "do you want something to eat?"

"They're sending dinner in a little bit, I already ordered something, they came by when you fell asleep earlier" he had slept barely twenty minutes, he woke up in a panic.

Annie knocked on the door, "can I come in?"

"Of course you can!" Adam went to the door and hugged her, "I've missed you" he told her, Kim smiled as the two embraced, "come sit down"

"It's good to see something good come from this" Kim told her, "how are my babies?"

"When I left they had my dad building a blanket fort, it's pretty funny to see him cave to every demand they make" she smiled, imagining her own child with her dad, "he's a wonderful grandfather"