Chapter 35

Declan waited outside the office, his leg shaking nervously he needed this, he was tired of his mother having to bust her ass just to make ends meet. Tired of not being able to do things because they didn't fit in the budget. Trey was lucky, he had escaped it all moved out on his own it was just him and Charlie at home and he was fed up with being poor.

Even his grandparents had lost their fortune, sure he could ask his Aunt Kim, she would give him whatever he wanted but it wasn't worth the wrath of his mother. She had flipped out on him when he had gone to the sporting good store with his Uncle Adam and got new lacrosse equipment, she made him 'work it off' and he hated every minute of it.

The door opened, "You Declan?" an older man asked, one he hadn't seen before.

"Yea, I am" he stood up.

He motioned for him to enter the office, "what the fuck kind of name is Declan?" He laughed.

"Don't know" he shrugged his shoulders, "I didn't pick it"

"Guess you didn't" he laughed, "I'm Johnny, your 'provider', so to speak" he pulled a chair out for Declan to sit in, he pulled the package out of a drawer. "We're starting you with this, let's see how quickly you can move it" he handed it to him.

Declan took it and put it in his backpack, "I will have it gone by the end of the week"

Johnny smirked, "you're confident, I like it" he took a small bag from the top drawer, "this is for you, a little somethin, somethin" he winked, "be smart kid, if you get caught you don't know me or anyone who works for me, got it?"

Declan stood up and took the Baggie, putting in his pocket "I do, and I won't get caught"

"Way to go Anthony!" Adam yelled as Anthony sunk yet another shot in the basket, Kevin jumping up and down court side.

"That's my boy A-Dawg!" Kevin yelled as Anthony came off the court, "you got serious game little Ruzek!" He handed him a bottle of water, "that's ten buckets tonight, take a breather kiddo" he tousled his hair.

"Did I do good?" Anthony asked seeking his approval.

"You did, buddy" Kevin gave him a fist bump.

Anthony turned to face the bleachers, "Daddy, Uncle Kevin said I did good!" He beamed, Adam coming down the bleachers to sit behind him.

"You sure did buddy, and I recorded it so we can show Mommy when we get home" he quickly showed him one of the videos.

"Can we show Uncle Derek too?"

"Of course, we can show anyone who wants to see it" the buzzer signaling the end of the game, "you better join your team" Adam pointed to the boys who had formed a circle around Kevin.

Adam waited until Kevin finished talking with the boys and their parents, "Atwater, my kid's the best, isn't he?"

"Shut your mouth Ruzek!" He laughed, "we don't need that getting out, but yea Anthony has some serious game for a four year old"

"Almost five Uncle Kevin don't you remember?"

"My bad" he smiled, "it's surprising he's so good, since you totally suck" he shoved Adam.

"Uncle Kevin we don't say suck, mommy said that's not a nice word" he sat on the basketball, "I'm hungry dad"

"Alright, we are gonna go, tell him bye"

"Later Uncle Kevin"

"See you at practice"