I'm A Grown Woman

Start from the beginning

"I have a question to ask you," I announced.

"What?"

"Am I the only one that came today? Am I the only one who remembered your birthday? I at least tried to be nice to you, but I see I can't even do that. Have a nice birthday." I stormed out the room in anger. "How'd it go?" Dana asked as we walked down the corridor.

"How do you think it went?" I asked. Dana whistled. "I told your little stubborn ass not to go, but no. You went anyways." I sighed as we got back in the car. "I made a mistake even trying to make amends with her.. It was only going to get worse." Dana nodded. "You're little face is red and your cheeks are hot. She really worked you up didn't she?" I rolled my eyes as Dana checked my temperature.

"I'm fine." I swatted her hand away and sat on the seat. My phone rang. I groaned. "Oh what now!" I looked at the caller ID. "Oh shoot! It's Bey!" I hissed. I sat up and answered. "Hey girl," I asked. "Hey boy," Bey replied. "How are you doing?" I asked. "Fine. How did the meeting go with Lola??" I could hear the suspicion hanging off of Bey's words. "Good, but she wasn't the one for the tour. Maybe later though.," I lied.

That rolled off the tongue too well. Bey sighed. "Fine, see you when you get home." She hung up in my face without even saying goodbye. Dana and I exchanged looks.

"Why must you continue to hide from Beyonce? You know she finds out things easily." I rolled my eyes. "Well I wanted to do this." Dana sighed. "Shame, you're going to do something involving her that won't be easy to cover up."

I walked up stairs to my bedroom and paused when I heard someone singing. "You are so beautiful...yeah...you're beautiful to me." She was in the bathroom giving the twins a bath. I smiled and pressed my back against the wall to hear. "You're everything that I hoped for...and you're everything I need." Bey laughed as she squirted shampoo onto Prince's head.

She hummed softly as she bathed the twins. "Maybe," she said a loud, "I could give you another sibling. Would you like that?" Princess looked up at her mother and clapped her hands. Prince was too busy playing in the bubbles. "But don't tell Daddy though, " Bey whispered, "it's a surprise." I smirked and waited for her to pick the kids up.

She dried them off and quickly put them in their pampers. I watched Princess begin to crawl off towards me, but Bey grabbed her and picked her up. "C'mon, let's go get you two ready for bed." I sat back and watched her wrap them towels. She headed out to our bedroom when she saw me.

"Dang Michael!" Bey hissed. "You scared the crap out of me."

I laughed as I grabbed Prince from her. "I'm sorry sugar. How was the meeting with Columbia Records?" Bey shrugged. "They support the tour." "What's it going to be called?" I asked as I put Prince in his footy Spiderman pajamas. Prince grabbed my hand and clutched it tight.

"The Beyonce Experience."

I nodded. "That's a cool name for it." Bey smiled as we placed the twins in their cribs, but as Prince sat down and fell fast asleep Princess reached out for me. Her big brown eyes wide and tearing up. I sighed. "Come on babygirl," I whispered. Princess smiled as I took her out of her room and brought her to our bed.. Princess was safely placed between Bey and I.

Bey looked down on our sleeping child and grinned. "She looks like the both of us......she's so calm about everything." "I know. We might need to take some relaxation lessons from her." Bey rolled her eyes. "Just go to bed Michael." I smiled and kissed Bey good night. At the same time, Bey and I kissed Princess's cheek. "Goodnight Michael," Bey whispered. "Goodnight Bey."

Beyonce's POV

I set out breakfast for everyone. Dana was busy discussing Michael's schedule with Frank and Solange was off talking to one of her many male friends. I sat quietly at the kitchen counter as I ate my waffles and eggs. I yawned loudly and held my stomach. I thought I felt my food about to come up, but I was just gassy.