Dr Weatherspoon joined them in the room, "you ready?"

"No" Kim said softly "but I won't ever be"

SIX HOURS LATER

Their son was rushed to the NICU, his soft cries had briefly filled the room before he was whisked away. He had a large team of doctors assigned to him, half the room clearing out when they took him.

This was what they both dreaded, delivering baby B. Dr.Weatherspoon personally cleaned the baby up and he stamped both his hands and feet on a certificate, he took his little hand and left each finger print. A nurse making a mix for a plaster handprint, the mold multiple times for both sets of grandparents and Kim and Adam. He cut a lock of hair and carefully sealed it in a small bag. He took the soft blue blanket volunteers had made for still born births and swaddled him in it.

Adam watched from a distance, almost afraid to see his son, "I love you Kim" he kissed her cheek fighting tears, "I know you fought for our boys with all you had and I'm so proud of you" he wiped the tears from her eyes, "our son knows that too, and he loves you for it" he wiped his own eyes.

Kim struggled to speak, she could feel her heart fall to pieces as Dr.Weatherspoon approached her bed, "Here he is" he said his voice filled with sorrow, "we will leave you two alone with him, I will go check on your baby" he carefully handed the tiny infant to Adam.

Kim could hear Adam gasp as he held the tiny bundle, the tears falling from his eyes, "He's so small" he remarked, it looked as if he was just sleeping, his skin a dusky color and the stillness of his body broke Adam.

He placed him in Kim's arms, her emotions overwhelming him. Her body raking with each sob, a guttural sound escaping her lips one that made Adam want to hurt someone he was furious.

Kim stroked his cheek, "I'm so sorry Wyatt"

Adam looked at her, unaware she had even picked a name out for either one of them "Wyatt?" he whispered.

A small smile formed, "It means warrior, and he was our little warrior. He fought with all he had" a tear a landing on his cheek, "Wyatt Adam Ruzek"

Adam sat on the edge of the bed, his fingers tracing the shape of little Wyatt's ear, "I love it, and I love him" he kissed his cheek, "I'm your daddy buddy and I wish I could have saved you" he began to sob.

Kim wrapped her arm around Adam's neck their son nestled between them, "I can't let him go, I don't want to forget him" she sobbed.

Adam sat up, "You won't, none of us will"

The nurse knocked on the door.

"Come in" Adam called out wiping his eyes.

"Adam, the photographer is here" she said barely above a whisper.

"Okay, thank you" Adam grabbed a tissue and wiped his face, "Listen, if you don't want to I understand, but Erin found this group" the tears making it hard for him to speak, "they take pictures of babies, that you know--" he fell apart again.

"I know Adam, and yes. I want them" she choked out "Wyatt deserves to be remembered, he's our child and I won't hide his existence"

Adam stood, "Okay, I will go get her"

The nurse had updated Amy, she returned to the rather large crowd that had formed, "He's here" she dabbed at her eyes, "He seems to be okay, he's in the NICU right now and Adam and Kim are spending time with our angel baby"

The mood was somber, it was hard to celebrate a birth when they knew they'd lost a precious baby.

Al stood, "Listen, let's go grab something to eat and come back in a little while" he told the group of his former colleagues, "just let Adam and Kim know how much we love them and that we will come back"