Chapter 30

Have you ever felt so helpless so mentally incapable of doing something that you just start screaming. Or maybe you start crying and begin to realise how hopeless your life is.

This is the feeling I get once my door is busted and cops start flooding into my apartment. I quickly got up off Kyle as Willy barked and jumped up. "Are you Beth Daniels?" One of the black suited men asked me. I glared at the man as he showed his badge while someone else picked up Kyle and put a pair of handcuffs on him. "Hey where are you taking him?!" I screamed as one of them came towards me. I quickly grabbed his outstretched arm and flipped him over me stepping on Hus chest and twisting his hand.

"Who are you and what do you want with me!?" I screamed at them as they put there guns down and held their hands up. "Just let him go and come with us." At this precious moment another familiar face walks in.

The cop that had interviewed me when I got beat four days ago. "Mrs. Daniels I would kindly like you to let go of that man and come with us there seems to be some evidence pointing to you in a recent case that we'd like to ask you about. I'm afraid that if you don't come with us the easy way we will be forced to well use force. Now please come with us." I watched as the young cop looked at me and nodded whatever this was I did not do it. I let go of the guy and walked towards them. "If you please turn around with your hands behind your back."

I shook my head. There was no way I was leaving my own home in handcuffs. "I did nothing wrong and have not for a long time. I will not be leaving here in handcuffs."

He stared for a few seconds before nodding. "Alright. If you please follow me."

"Oh and would you mind keeping the dog here id rather not let him get out." I smiled as the cops looked confused before they seemed embarrassed. Funny seeing grown men blush.

-------------

Once arriving at the police station me and Kyle were placed in separate rooms waiting interrogation. Twenty minutes after arriving a old man above 50 came in and sat in the chair with a folder and a cup of coffee. He took a sip of coffee still watching me as I placed my elbows in the table and then my chin on my hands.

We sat there for another five minutes having a staring contest until he finally blinked but didn't look away. "Ha I win you blinked." I stock out my tongue and saw a twitch on the side of his mouth before it flattened out into an emotionless stare again. We continued again in another staring contest. He finally broke and slid the folder to me. "What is this?"

He didn't say a word as I opened it with no emotion showing. Looking through the gruesome photos I stopped at one. Immediately I got up and paced the room. "These are not real. These a-are photo shopped or something! No! No! Where is he?!" I looked back at the photo of the bloodied man that I have seen too many times with a sadistic smirk and a psychotic glint in his eyes. Even though the man hadn't shown me any kind of love for over 14 years I still cared enough to not want him dead.

"My father is in jail alright. He is not dead! And he is not going to get out of jail any time soon! This is not him!" I shook my head pulling onto my hair. Is this what mental patients go through.

I could feel the cop stare at me as I kept looking at the picture. This isn't true. Its not true. He's not dead and you know this beth.

I took a few calming breaths feeling the tears slide out of my eyes. I calmly sat back down in the chair before pushing the folder away. "I don't know who that is. I'm sorry I can't help you." I knew he heard the hitch in my voice just like I did but, he's not dead and I know it. "I think you do Mrs. Daniels. Is this man your father?" He opened the folder again and I looked away from the gruesome photos.

"No. My father is in jail." I stated not looking at the photo but, into the cops eyes as they hardened at my answer. "Then explain why the blood came back as his? And why your father had escaped from prison 2 days ago?" I shook my head again denying any relation to the man in the photo. "I'm sorry Beth but, your father was killed yesterday morning in an alleyway. Now this isn't the first time someone has been killed the exact same way. Again I'm sorry about your father but, we do know that he was abusing you ever since you turned 18. Now please tell me is this your father?"

I nodded my hand covering my mouth as a sob came out involuntarily. "Ca-Can I see Kyle please?" I whispered again closing the folder. I saw him nod from the corner of my eye as he got up and left. Not moments later Kyle was running in looking frantic. Once he saw me he immediately brought me into his embrace letting me cry on his shoulder as we sat on the ground.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Beth. Baby I'm so sorry." I didn't know why he was apologizing but, I didn't really care either. All that mattered was that he was here and my father was dead. As Kyle kept repeating soothing words into my ear holding me against his chest I cried and cried. I let the years abuse and rage and all emotions that I have kept in over the years and I let them go. For once in my life I cried.