Chase

Written by Galactic_Hitchhiker  This is one of my favorite chapters that she wrote. Enjoy!

Crystalyn's pov
🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿

"Drive!" We screamed, sending Ander into a panic.

"I-I can't! I don't know how!" If we were in a normal situation, I would've thrown a fit until someone eligible was at the wheel, but this was a life or death situation.

"Doesn't matter! Just go!" We went lurching foreword as he slammed on the gas, making my stomach turn. The entire situation was horrible, how did the government even find us?

"We have to get them off, I think they're shooting!" Matthew broke me from my thoughts as his worried tone yelled above the rest of us.

"I'm on it!" Nichole rolled down the window in the back and stuck her upper half out of the window. The roar of a wave came from outside and I knew people were about to drown.

"I got one! Matthew, a little help!" His face contorted as he copied her and stuck his body almost falling out of the car. Ander hopelessly spun the wheel, sending us jerking in every direction each time he turned. I didn't have something to do- at the moment- so I stared at Matt for a bit.

His cheeks were red from the wind- or perhaps he was blushing- and his blue scarf flapped behind him in the wind. A black jeep went flying off into distance, and the cause of that was the breeze. A really strong breeze.

"Oh my god! Did you see that!?" Matt was shocked by his own power. He'd probably regret just killing someone later, and lock himself away. He always did that. I was broke from my thoughts- once again- by a high pitched scream. It was Ander.

"THE ROAD ENDS!" My gaze snapped to the front, and clear is day, the road ended. Off a cliff.

"What do we do?!" Matt started panicking, and Nichole was lost in her own world, her entire focus on summoning enough water.

"Do something!!"

"I'm not good at powers yet!"

"Well try!" My eyes darted back and forth. Grass. Rocks. Trees! I thrust my hands foreword and the trees shifted. My arms flew around in a frenzy and the trees bent around and formed a ramp. I was ecstatic.

"GUYS! BRACE YOURSELF!" Nichole slipped into the backseat and pulled Matt in by his feet. The car went rocketing off the edge, then plummeting down.

"That didn't help, Crys!" Nichole stated.

"Really? I didn't notice-"

"Stop fighting! I'm trying to concentrate." Matt yelled, sending us all tucking our tails between our legs. He'd never raised his voice like that.

An unsettling silence was interrupted by the noise of wind whipping furiously. Matt was floating the car. His lips curled up into a confident smile.

"See I can-" He interrupted himself and the wind hitched, sending the car spinning. I was braced for the worst, and turned around to grab Niki's hand. She squeezed it.

"I love you guys!"
Nothing happened.
Instead of slamming down into the ground, we slammed into water. Waves spiked upwards, as if retreating from the car. I attempted to open the door, as the car seemed to be sinking, but the pressure was too much.

I knew Niki wasn't havering trouble, she could probably breathe well underwater. She and Matt swam through the open windows, and Ander was working on smashing open his. I couldn't breathe for much longer.

As I scrambled around the seats in a furious attempt, I got into the back seat and pushed myself through the window. My lungs burned, and my legs started to ache. To say it was good to breathe again was an understatement.

My body was practically sucking air back into my lungs. I looked around and everyone was panting heavily.

"Hey, hook us up with a raft?" Ander said, a goofy grin spread on his face. I concentrated, and was surprised as a raft constructed out of thin air.

It was flat, and was made of a couple logs tied together with vines.We all climbed on.

"I can see shore that way, head over there." Ander laid on his back, gazing up at the clouds. I sat back to back with Matt, listening to his cute groaning noise as he regarded his soaking wet scarf.

A gentle breeze ran through my hair as Niki sat on the edge of the raft, her hand thrusted out, controlling the water to push us. We stayed silent.