Home (part 4)

Picture above is Nichole

Nichole's POV
🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

I waited for the bus to get to school. While I was waiting I noticed Matthew also waiting. I never knew he rode the same bus as I. I stepped on about ten places after him and sat down. I took out my phone and plugged in my headphones. Since my stop was the last on it took the longest to get there. I took a nap like I usually do. I'd probably have to babysit again and when that happens I don't go to sleep till 2 am. I closed my eyes and opened them when the bus driver said over the speaker.

"Last stop ! Everybody wake up !" I looked around and about 3 other teens woke up. I grabbed my things and got off. I noticed Matthew walking the opposite direction as me. I walked a couple blocks and crossed the street to get to my house. I didn't even get a minute to rest when I heard;

"Niki!"

"Yes dad?" I yelled.

"Have you seen your little sister's diapers?!" He asked frantically.

"No! I just got home!" I yelled back. He ran down the stairs with my little sister, Sam, in his arms. She was naked from the waist down.

"Dad ... maybe we're out of diapers." I said.

"Would you like me to go get some?" I suggested. He nodded frantically. I was again out the door.

-TS-

"There you go Sam." I cooed and I put my little sister in her crib. I sighed once she had closed her eyes. I turned to find my dad standing at the doorway. I walked over and gave him a hug. He sighed.

"I don't know what I'd do without you." He said.

"Ever since we lost mom I've been a wreak. I'm sorry." I looked up at him.

"Don't worry. You're doing just fine. I'm not going anywhere." I said giving him a smile.

"Good night sweetie." My dad said while giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"Good night." I said as we let go. He walked out the room to his and I got under the covers in the bed on the other side of the room my sister and I share. I sighed and fell asleep.