Chapter Four: Forgive Me, Father, For I Have Sinned.

CHAPTER FOUR.

'Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned,' Suzanne said quietly, as she played with the hem of her pink summer dress.

'It's okay, don't be nervous,' the Priest said from the other side of the confessional booth. Suzanne couldn't see him, and it made her a bit uneasy.

'Well...it sort of happened a year ago...' Suzanne began, but hesitated.

'Go on, dear,' the Priest said soothingly.

'I--I,' Suzanne stammered. Suddenly, she burst into tears.

'I killed my parents, and a pastor,' she said through sobs. 'I was possessed. But maybe I could've saved them, if only I had fought harder!'

'It's your fault,' came a whisper from behind the confessional booth. It wasn't the deep, manly voice of the Priest anymore. The voice sounded low and cold. A harsh, feminine growl.

'W-What?' Suzanne asked in horror. How come the voice had changed?

Suzanne knew this wasn't the Mirror Demon, since the voice clearly belonged to a female.

'Who's there?' Suzanne asked, gaining some courage.

A small, wicked laugh came from the other side of the confessional. It sounded like a witch cackling quietly.

'It's no use resisting,' the woman said, still cackling. 'It will get you, no matter what. You belong to It!'

Suddenly, it appeared in the confessional booth. Suzanne gasped as she spun around to face the Mirror Demon.

But it wasn't that.

Suzanne gasped as tears started streaming down her cheeks.

'Mom?' she whispered.

There was her mother, standing face-to-face with her. Melissa had cuts all over her face. Tears also streamed down her cheeks. But the tears were made of blood.

'Suzanne,' Melissa whimpered. 'Help me!'

Melissa's sudden exclamation made Suzanne jump, as Melissa disappeared.

***

'Mom!' Suzanne screamed as she woke up.

'Woah, calm down!' An unknown voice said from beside her.

Suzanne screamed, as the stranger next to her jumped off the bed.

'Who are you!?' Suzanne exclaimed.

'I should be asking the same thing!' the guy replied, running his hand through his smooth, brown hair.

Suddenly, she realized she wasn't in her dorm room.

'Where am I?' Suzanne asked.

'I saw you in my bed last night,' the guy replied. 'I didn't want to wake you, so I let you sleep.'

'Wait...am I still at that Sorority house?' Suzanne gasped.

'I believe that's obvious,' the guy replied cockily.

Suzanne sighed, then suddenly realized something.

'How did I sleep away?' she wondered aloud. 'And where did Caleb go?'

'Who?'

'Never mind,' Suzanne said quickly. 'What time is it?'

'9 A.M.' replied the guy.

'Crap! Classes start in fifteen minutes!' Suzanne exclaimed, quickly running out of the room.

***