Alternate Ending

This is what would've happened if things didn't go quit as planned after her performance

THIS CHAPTER INCLUDES ALEYSA YAY

You got me like, na na na na na na na, na na na na, na na naaa. Na na na na na na na, na na na na, na na naaa..
Na na na na na na na ( na na na ), na na na na, na na naaa. Na na na na na na na. Na na na na, na na naaa.

With a piano on stage and a beautiful dress, Jewel wiped her tears away as she looked at the letter from Phil. It's been almost three days, and already she's lost sleep enough sleep to pass out at any moment. She can't even remember the last time she smiled.

She squeezed the letter in her hands, her mascara running down her cheeks as she held it against her chest. Her heart hurt, her eyes burned, and her cheeks felt slimy.

She fumbled with her phone in her hands, and once she finally got a firm grip on it, she heard somebody call for her to go on stage.

She couldn't do it. She just couldn't. But she had to, so she looked herself in the eye, whispered she could do it, and walked on stage.

When the spotlight hit her, she looked out at the crowd, seeing everybody sharing worried expressions.

She glanced over at Aleysa, who was sat with Dan and Phil, then took a deep breath as the music started. She was going to sing a happy love song, but not after this.

She held her hand up, "Stop the music." She stated, shaking her head as her voice cracked.

She scanned the crowd, then made eye contact with Phil for a split second. When they broke the eye contact, she walked up to the piano and sat atop of it. Dan rose up, clearing his throat as he walked up to the stage. Dan sat on the bench, giving Jewel a reassuring smile before continuing to play the melody she wrote for him.

She took a deep breathe, relaxing herself, "I cried enough tears, to see my own reflection in them. And then it was clear, I can't deny, I really miss Phil.." She sang, Phil tensing up as all eyes seemed to dart in his direction.

The fact that Dan was assisting her in this lovely ballad, gave her a tiny bit of confidence, but Phil needed to know the truth.

"To think that I was wrong, I guess you don't really know what you have, til it's gone. Pain is just a consequence of love. I'm saying sorry for the sake of us."

Jewel's eyes met Phil's, both of them not breaking eye contact. They know that they've both made mistakes and that breaking up was for the better, but damn did I hurt them, "He wasn't my everything til we were nothing! And it's taking me a lot to say, but now that's he's gone my heart is missing something. So it's time to push my pride away.."

Phil knew this song. Only because of the chorus. He's found a draft of it in her kitchen when she found out Dan and Aleysa broke up, so his best guess what that maybe her and Aleysa were writing it together.

Phil looked over at Aleysa, who was tearing up. He didn't understand why people teared up for songs, he's never actually done it. He understands movies, just not songs.

He looked back at Jewel, who had a black tear running down her cheek, "Cause you are, you are, you are my everything."

Phil was sat in silence the whole song, but was touched by the lyrics she wrote specially for him.

When Dan played the last note, he got up and bowed before walking back to his seat.

Jewel jumped down from the piano, looking around at everybody before she raised the mic to her lips, then lowered it.

She made eye contact with Phil once again, then looked down at the floor, "I believe that the worst part of breaking up with somebody you've known for years, is not just losing their love and trust, but you lose the friendship you two once shared. And for me, I just lost a friend I've had since I was ten. But you know what, it's all in God's way of making my path to true love." She scanned the area, wiping away some of the running mascara, "Enough of my pain, who wants to see me sing a real song?" She faked a smile, the crowd applauding as the music started up.

Her mascara looked awful, but the crowd didn't care.

But what hurt the most, was watching Phil leave a rose on the table before walking out of the restaurant. And Jewel knew, she wouldn't see Phil face to face again for a long time.

*
Alternate ending aw

This is was 823 words damn

I wanna see you smile! ~ Hillary xx