15

You got me like, na na na na na na na, na na na na, na na naaa. Na na na na na na na, na na na na, na na naaa..
Na na na na na na na ( na na na ), na na na na, na na naaa. Na na na na na na na. Na na na na, na na naaa.

Finally, Phil was going to ask Jewel to go steady. He was nervous, but he knew after she sang that song for him, he wouldn't get over her.

As he paced back and forth in her room, awaiting for her to get out the shower, he noticed a piece of pink paper that laid next to her garbage can. It was probably trash, but Phil was curious. He uncrumpled the paper, reading the cursive handwriting on it.

Jewel dried her hair, then threw on Phil's famous dog shirt, which fit her like a dress. She let it hang down to her thighs, putting shorts on underneath after fixing her hair.

She stepped out of the bathroom, then walked into her bedroom, expecting Phil to attack her with kisses. Instead, she spotted him on her bed, reading a piece of pink paper.

Phil slowly looked up at her, "You wrote this?"

She snatched the paper, reading the giant words atop. Why Try.

She trashed this so that Phil wouldn't find it, did he go in her trash? "Phil-"

"I think it's the most beautiful song you've ever written." He stated oddly calmly, standing up. "You've written some beautiful songs, but this is just.. Wow." He walked up to her, grabbing her hands, "I am so lucky to be yours."

Jewel was confused, why wasn't Phil screaming at her for writing a song like that about him? Did he not understand that it was about him? She stitched her eyebrows together, then cupped his face in her hands, "Are you feeling okay?" She questioned him, having him giggle in return.

He pecked her lips, "I know something for a fact, you know what that is?"

"What?"

"That I can't see myself loving somebody the same way I love you. And you know, we've been hanging out a lot as Phil, and Jewel, and maybe we can be.. You know, Phil and Jewel."

Jewel's smile seemed to cross across all the oceans, her eyes lighting up. She never thought this would happen. And now that it has, she has no clue how to react. She wanted to cry, but she wanted to laugh, but then she wanted to kiss him at the same time.

She ended up doing all three, while of course telling him, "I thought you'd never ask."