9

Through it all you could still make my heart skip, heart skip, yeah..

Phil took a seat in the far end of the restaurant, twirling the rose in his hand. People we looking at him, now that they knew he was her boyfriend. Well, her ex from what Phil could think of.

He was as confused as she was at to what they were. One moment they were dating, the next they're not. It was hurting his brain, but for some reason, he chooses to stay with her.

Finally, the lights dimmed and the spotlight turned on, the crowd applauding, along with Phil. He watched Jewel walk out with a smile, taking a deep breathe.

She waved, "Hey everybody, so before I begin, I just want to say I chose this song for the meaning behind it. As it's about a couple's nonstop arguing, but they love each other in the end. This is Papercut by Zedd featuring Troye Sivan."

As the music started, Jewel felt her nerves tense up. She was dressed in a outfit fit for clubbing, fog surrounding her feet as the beautiful piano melody played on into a almost techno sound.

"I was staring at the ceiling, you're so pretty when you're mad.. All that I could hear is breathing! Ah, ah.." She smiled to the crowd, watching them dance slightly in their seats.

She took a deep breathe, "And we're stuck inside the silence, in a cold, Cold War. We're too proud to say we're sorry! Ah, ah.."

Phil knew she was singing this for him, and she knew she thought he wasn't going to show up. But she was wrong.

"Right now, it feels like we're bleeding! So deep, that we might not get back up! Our words will tear through the surface like a paper, like a paper, cut." Jewel felt herself choking up, thinking back to Phil's horrendous scream before she locked the door. He'd never forgive her for what she said, and she knew he wouldn't be showing up tonight because of it.

She sniffled. "Right now don't know why I love you, but by the morning when we wake up, I'll reach for you and remember it was just a paper, just a paper, cut."

She took deep breathes to calm herself down in the tiny instrumental, then laid eyes on Phil. She couldn't help the tears from flowing. She knew he knew that the performance was for him. And she knew she wouldn't hear the end of it after it was over.

And she was glad for that.

*
Papercut by Zedd ( ft Troye Sivan ) was the song she performed cause I love Troye Sivan

I wanna see you smile! ~ Hillary xx