8

You and I redefine being lovesick, lovesick, yeah

Dan was sat at the counter, watching Phil and Jewel bake cupcakes together. He observed, not really sure if he was supposed to be laughing with them or be upset that his best lad had love and he didn't.

He watched in silence as Jewel tossed flour at Phil, her laughing as Phil shook the flour out his hair. He chuckled, chasing her around the kitchen, laughing as he did so.

Phil grabbed the strings on the back of Jewel's apron, making her shriek before she stumbled back into Phil's arms and having him kiss her cheek. She giggled, turning and planting a kiss on his lips.

Dan groaned, getting up and knocking the mixing bowl on the floor, "Get a room." He managed to choke out, walking out of the kitchen.

Jewel frowned, "I feel awful, he really likes Aleysa."

"I'm sure he'll get over it. He gets over everything." Phil shrugged.

Jewel raised an eyebrow at Phil, "Phil you're his best friend, you're supposed to be supportive of him, not say 'eh whatever he'll be fine.'"

"I am being supportive, by letting him handle his own feelings. If he wants some assistance in doing so, he'll come and ask for it-"

Jewel cut Phil off by laughing, then she shook her hair, "You never cease to amaze me."

He furrowed his eyebrows, "What are you amazed of?"

"Your stupid logic, Phil!" She raised her voice at him, Dan poking his head into the kitchen to watch, "Dan is hurting, and you're just going to watch him break inside until he does something he'll regret? What the hell, Phil!"

"Look, I'm just as worried as you-"

"No, you're not! If Dan was truly your best friend, you would help him even if he didn't ask for it-"

Phil gasped, "Did you seriously just question my friendship with Dan?"

She placed her hands on her hips, "Yes, I did!"

Phil, hurt by Jewel's words, felt tears forming in the corners of his eyes. "Well if you're so concerned about Dan, why don't you go and be his girlfriend instead of mine!"

"You know what, maybe I will! He's a lot better looking than you anyway!" Jewel ripped her apron off, tossing it at Phil before storming out of the kitchen. Phil sighed, then looked over at Dan who was stood awkwardly in the corner.

Almost as if he could explode, Phil let out an exasperated, blared out scream before tossing the apron he had in his hand at Dan with all his might, finally letting his tears out as he heard the front door slam shut.

Dan slowly lowered the apron, his eyes revealing something he hated to see.

"Phil, please get off the floor, don't cry." Dan pleaded, rushing to his best friend's side. He patted Phil's back, listening to Phil's quiet sobs.

Phil slowly looked up at Dan, "Why do I try?"

*
This was kinda sad

I wanna see you smile! ~ Hillary xx