A Neverland Christmas

Start from the beginning

I chuckled. "Sure why not?" Michael looked at me out of the corner of his eye and smirked. I grabbed  one of the numerous water guns Michael received earlier this morning. We finished tieing them and headed to our golf-cart. 

Momma, Solange, and Dana were on another team with Mack's brother Kieran. I sat on the back with Janet. She seemed excited. "Y'all do this often?" I asked. Janet nodded. "Michael's a boss at this. He's undefeated in the art of water ballooning." I laughed and watched as we pulled up to the pasture. I smiled and remember what happened out here. I couldn't help it. Michael hollered at Mack saying, "You're a terrible driver!!" 

The boys got out and looked around. "I don't think they're here yet," Janet whispered. Michael grabbed one of the water balloons and looked around. "I see one!" Solange was running across the pasture towards us. I laughed and watched as Michael dodged her balloon and splashed her right on her torso. Solange hollered out, "ATTACK!!!!" 

The other team members came out and attacked us. Janet grabbed a bucket of water and dumped it on Dana. "I'mma kill you Janet!" Solange and I kept shooting water at each other with our water guns. Michael came up from behind her and threw another balloon at her back. Solange turned around, but as I ran across to grabbed another balloon, somebody got me right on th ass. 

I turned around and saw Momma standing there, completely dry. "Oh, so that's you!!" I grabbed my water gun and squirted her down. Momma ran away and laughed. "Girl, you're crazy." Michael ran past me with a bucket with his hand. He splashed the one dry member of the other team, Kieran. I watched as Michael splashed Kieran and ran away with a smile on his face. 

"Yes!! Victory for the Legions of Doom!" 

I laughed and high-fived Janet and Mack. Michael hugged me. "You're dry," I said to Michael. He nodded and bowed. "I am the Michael Jordan of water balloon fighting." I laughed. "Nice block Jordan." 

The teams went to the pool for a swim. I watched as Janet sipped her margarita. I ordered one too. "Mack!" I called. I waved him over here and made sure Michael wasn't around. "Why don't you tell Michael to go up on the diving board. And when he's up there...I want you to push him down. OK?" Mack grinned. "You're evil and I like it!" I laughed and high-fived. "Go go, he's coming!" 

"Michael!" Mack called. I watcheed as Mack convinced Michael to go on the diving board. Michael climbed up on the board and began dancing. I laughed and signaled Mack to push him. Mack pushed him and I watched Michael fall to his doom. Janet and I bursted out into a wave of laughter. 

"Haha! Mr. Legion of Doom!" I said. Michael was furious, but it was so funny. "I'm going to kill you Mack! I got you! And you too Bey!!" I smiled and took a bow. "Yes yes. Beyonce did it," Janet announcned. I chuckled and did the queen wave. "They can't handle me!" 

That night, Michael and I sat on the couch by the fire place. We both were shoving our faces into Elizabeth's red velvet cake. Michael looked at me. "You gonna finish that?" I nodded. "Boy, you stay on your plate." I laughed and kissed his cheek. "Love yah." Michael smiled and rested his head on my lap. He looked at me and smiled. "So...my first Christmas," he said, "pretty fun."

I laughed. "See it's not always about religion my good man." Michael rolled his eyes. I felt his hand rubbing up my bare leg. I pushed his hand away. "No sir," I whispered. Michael laughed. "I have something for you," Michael whispered. He sat up and reached in his pocket. 

"Merry Christmas Princess," he whispered. 

I smiled. "Why'd you get me something? Now you know-" 

"Child, don't deny me!" Michael interrupted. His big eyes bucked at me. I laughed. "Fine, I won't deny you." I looked at the little blue box in Michael's large hand. I sighed and took it. "I told you no gifts," I whispered. "And I told you I was stubborn," Michael whispered back. I sighed and opened the box. I looked at the diamond and sterling silver necklace. "Michael..."