Chapter 32: Devestation

Start from the beginning

"Don't get them started" I muttered.

"Well" Eliza began "Jordan had been obsessed with me since, like, the third grade."

"One, I wouldn't have called it an obsession; two, it was fourth grade" Jordan corrected, his cheeks tinted pink, and I didn't know whether it was from the heat of the fire or if he were blushing. It was sweet either way.

"Right. Sorry, he was simply extremely intrigued by me in fourth grade" she smiled teasingly "and of course, me being me, I found it extremely creepy."

Levi chuckled.

"But then it got to freshmen year, the first year of high school. He wasn't the same kid. He was taller, less clumsy, less flirty, more smart-" she began.

I snorted at the last part as both Jordan and Eliza glared at me.

"Right" I muttered "continue."

"He stopped asking me out-" she started once again, but once again I interrupted her.

"Which obviously meant Eliza was suddenly interested in him" I spoke. "It was terrible, it's one thing when your best friend repeatedly calls you to talk about her boy problems. It's another thing when she sits on the other side of your door, ranting to you about her crises"

Eliza rolled her eyes. "I could suddenly see that he was different, more mature. I liked that"

"And then she fell madly in love with me, the end" Jordan completed, wrapping an arm around her waist before kissing her temple.

"That's cute" Levi commented as they both smiled in return.

"Not as cute as you two" Eliza replied "now tell me, what finally gave you the courage to ask out my best friend?" She questioned, switching on to over protective mode.

I felt Levi shrug from beside me "your best friend made it a lot easier by telling me she liked me. Kissing her however felt like a life or death matter. Mostly because if she didn't want to kiss me, she probably would have killed me" Levi answered.

Both Jordan and Eliza laughed, as I bumped shoulders with Levi. "Hey!" I muttered, smiling, my teeth chattering slightly from the cold.

"Okay, I'm bored now, let's tell scary stories!" Eliza interrupted as I froze. After all the nightmares for the past few days, I didn't think scary stories would have been helpful at all. But Jordan, Eliza and Levi looked excited at the concept, so I placed a fake smile on my face before I nodded.

"Let's do it" I agreed hesitantly.

"Um, I'm just gonna go pee" Jordan said to us "but don't wait for me. Tell your story. Also, I am not leaving because I am scared" he stated unconvincingly.

"Of course Jordan" I patronised

As soon as Jordan was out of sight, Levi spoke up. "I'll start" he suggested as both Eliza and I nodded. He got up, signalling for Eliza to sit besides me, handing me a blanket and wrapping me in it. He sat in Jordan's spot, Eliza sitting besides me and sharing the blanket with me.

"Two roommates in college were in the same science class. The teacher had just reminded them about the midterm the next day when one roommate - let's call her Wendy - got asked to this big bash by the hottest guy in school. The other dormmate, Meg, had pretty much no interest in going and, being a diligent student, she took notes on what the midterm was about. After the entire period of flirting with her date, Wendy was totally unprepared for her test, while Meg was completely prepared for a major study date with her books." He began ominously.