Chapter 10: Preservation

Levi's P.O.V

"Nice room" I said as I took in the colour of her walls. They were purple, which is weird considering, after surveying her choice in clothing, I expected it to be black. "I imagined your bedroom to be black and goth like you"

"I am not goth!" She gasped, crossing her arms over her chest and pouting in the most adorable way.

My eyes scanned her body, and no way did I mean to make it sexual, I only did it to prove a point, but when I found my eyes drinking every curve of her body, I couldn't have helped but make it seem that way. She was wearing a black tank top which, I think unintentionally, dipped pretty low. Over that she wore a long black cardigan paired with skinny jeans. She blushed. "Right" I smirked.

"Why were you imagining my bedroom anyway?" She said after a moment of silence, almost as if she had just thought of it, and was extremely proud of the retort.

"A gentleman does not repeat such things" I said, feigning a posh accent, making the insinuation sexual and perverted to watch her blush.

Her cheeks were bright pink, she matched a tomato which was the cutest thing ever. "Are you serious?" She questioned, trying to look and appear calm when I could see how flustered she really was.

"I'm kidding! I'm kidding!" I said quickly when I realised how much she was blushing. Her chest deflated as she exhaled in relief, and just for the pure sake of embarrassing her I added a "maybe" at the end.

"Levi, shut up!" She commanded as I struggled not to burst into laughter. Her blush had reached her neck and it was honestly the most adorable thing.

"You're cute when you blush, you know that right?" I commented absentmindedly, voicing my thoughts.

"You're obnoxious when you talk, you know that right?" She retaliated as a grin spread across my face, I loved it when she retaliated. Katherine was usually so hard to tease which was really annoying. There were two sides of her, if I ever teased her in front of her friends, she would get really angry. If I ever teased her when we were alone she would cry. It was nice to see Juliette retaliate, her comebacks were either sarcastic or just genuinely good, both were always entertaining. "Anyway, what do you need help with?" She questioned, shaking her head slightly, as of to change the subject.

"Well, I've read the book...now what?" I questioned, bringing out my book from my bag and placing it directly in front of me.

"What the key thing examiners look for is your ability to explain quotations. And usually, you have to explain their relevance to the question or topic" She began saying, wandering around in search for something. Her eyes roamed the room before stopping on her turquoise laptop. I couldn't help but notice now everything in her room was so colourful, but everything she wore was black. Even her pyjamas, which were neatly folded on her chair, were black. She grabbed her laptop and hovered over me.

"Are you going to take a seat?" I asked, raising an eyebrow as I watched her bite her lip and furrow her eyebrows.

She simply shook her head.

"I don't bite" I tried once again, attempting to figure out exactly what it was about Juliette and personal space.

She overlooked what I said and grabbed the chair from her desk. She began pulling it over, setting it besides the bed, not too close but not too far. "Okay" she began, completely ignoring my last statement as she googled 'Pride and Prejudice exam questions'. She scrolled for a bit before finding spark notes, the focus and determination clear on her face. "How does Austin use the character of Darcy to represent the stereotypes of the upper class?" She read aloud.