Chapter 16: Flirtation

"Okay, you take a seat wherever, and I'm going to go grab some snacks" I said to Levi, as I dumped my bag on the bed. Levi practically pushed my bag off the bed and made himself comfortable on my bed, placing his backpack on top of mine. "And the snacks have nothing to do with you, I'm just fucking hungry"

Levi rolled his eyes "I'll be here I guess" he grumbled, you could see that he was trying not to look amused, although his emotions were as see through as his ex girlfriends tops, meaning you could tell I entertained him.

It was currently Wednesday, I had dragged myself through a long day of school and was rewarded with more learning. But I actually got sleep which meant that I was less gross looking than I was on Monday, I was less murderous and I was a lot more fun to be around. Levi had come over to continue our study session that we had rescheduled due to the wedding rehearsal last Saturday. This time were we studying History. Nazi Germany, to be specific, we had a huge test coming up and we were all pretty determined to do well on this one. Levi had driven me home going on and on about how I would make a really bad sat-nav and that he did not want to repeat the incident we had during our last study session. I promised him that I would shut up if he used his phone map. He agreed. We made it home perfectly in tact and were ready to study for history, so he was currently bringing out all his revision material whilst I went and searched for cookies.

I quickly went downstairs, not wanting to leave him alone in my room for too long and raided the cupboards for snacks. I climbed onto the counter and opened the cupboard right at the top, stretching my arm out and grabbed a packet of Oreos and Hershey's kisses from my secret stash of snacks that I had refilled last week. I always put it at the top, at the back because everyone in the house was short and nobody would even think about grabbing food from that cupboard.

"What don't you understand about the Nazi Germany?" I asked once I got back upstairs, grabbing a chair and placing it next to the bed, where Levi was sat. I made sure that there was a clear distance between the bed and the chair, and although Levi raised an eyebrow at the action, I could see that he decided against commenting.

"Juliette, why was Hitler such an asshole?" He asked sighing, after a minute on contemplating about what he should ask. I shook my head, rolling my eyes at his response, despite finding myself answering the question.

I shrugged, laughing "It's a question I ask myself everyday Levi". He chuckled, knowing that I didn't spend my entire free time asking myself about Hitler, although I strongly believe that three weeks ago he would have believed otherwise.

"I struggle to remember things. Like the date and the significance" He answered after a moment of silence. I knew the feeling of struggling to remember things. I always believed that there was no point to remembering the little things that would never actually make a difference to my life. The things that would never change my life. But I learnt to overcome the negativity I felt, I figured out ways to remember things. I was going to help Levi do the same.

"On a completely unrelated note, Levi do you like Hershey's kisses?" I asked. I always used to do this to myself, offering my self little treats when I was able to stir my mind away from my life and my distractions, to school. People had always asked me why I spent so much time worrying about schools, about why I depended on school. They would do the same if they understood me. It was so much easier to focus on something achievable, like getting into a good university, however unlikely it was. Than to focus on my real life, something that could never be changed or improved.

Levi nodded, directing my attention back to him once again. I realised that I had zoned out for more than a minute, and throughout the entire minute Levi had focused on me. It was oddly comforting. "But I prefer real kisses" he added after another moment of silence, as I stared into his eyes. Although his eyes seemed to clearly have been focusing on my lips.